Keep access to bought courses (subscription)

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Setup issues Keep access to bought courses (subscription)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    gsjaak_118
    Participant
    Hi Am using woocommerce subscriptions/memberships to sell a subscription to all the courses on my site. I also offer one time payments for seperate courses for life time access. I have an issue in this situation: Someone purchases some courses (one time payment) and gets a subscription to all the courses
    • Problem: When someone now cancels their subscription they get kicked out of all the courses they are pursuing also the ones for which they bought lifetime access.

• Solution: When the subscription is ended a user keeps access to the course for which he bought life time access.

We have had this problem in the past before and in had you develop a custom modification for us. However this is no longer working. Hope you can help out with this. Kind regards

gsjaak_118
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well that is quite complex to handle . What we can do to tackle this is that we can subtract the membership duration time for the course for the user instead of removing her completely from her course . Please tell will that work for you ?
    gsjaak_118
    Participant
    Thanks for the reply! Strange thing is that before this worked, i recently upgraded woocommerce subsctriptions/memebrships, i think something got broken since. So i guess the previous method is still somewhere in the code of the plugin i sent you. I am not so sure if the proposed solution will work. Can't we work with a statement that checks if a course has been bought before the purchase date of the membership and then not remove them from this course? Or cancel all access to courses except the ones that have are connected to a seperate order? Kind regards, Joris
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well this is the issue .Checking all orders from the user for particular course product and imagine following this with many courses in one got for a user may crash your site .There  will be many huge queries run to check this order data . Therefore we are proposing this new solution subtracting the membership duration .Afterall its the duration that user purchased for the course .
    gsjaak_118
    Participant
    Ah yes, thats true. Well lets give it a try!
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    gsjaak_118
    Participant
    logan
    Hello, 1) if they are already accessing the course that means he has the membership working for him. in that case, please expire the membership for all then everyone will be expired from the course. 2) no it won't work like that. all the courses attached to the membership when he purchases the membership. all the courses will be added in his list and this will be stored in the database. after expiry he has to renew it again but this wont happen "Instead they should just appear as a regular course that the user never pursued before."
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Keep access to bought courses (subscription)’ is closed to new replies.