Moving staging site and keeping theme active

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Setup issues Moving staging site and keeping theme active

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    nursesed.net
    Participant
    Hi, I have to start with a fresh installation of the theme. I talked to my host, and they advised to transfer the content to a transferrable installation. I did that but the license for our WPLMS theme is not active on the trasnferrable intsallation nursesonline.wpengine.com Our live site is nursesed.net, and our previous staging site was nursesed.stagnig.wpengine.com I have only used WPLMS in a development environment, have not launched it yet. How can I continue using WPLMS on the transferrable site? Thank you!
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well you can use one license per domain .So after transferring site please simply Remove the envato api key and username from your wp-admin->  wplms -> getting started and add it in your live site . The license is required to auto update theme .
    nursesed.net
    Participant
    Ok, but originally I installed the theme on our current site, nursesed.net, not the development domain. How do I move the active license to the development domain? I deleted the theme from nursesed.net. I need to install the theme and activate it on nursesonline.wpengine.com Thank you!
    nursesed.net
    Participant
    I was able to install WPLMS, logged with our envato account. When I try to install the Vibe plugins, I get this error: An error occurred while installing Vibe Course Module: Download failed. Unauthorized.  
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    This error is not related to the license key .This error generally appears when your file or folder permissions are not correct . Please make sure that your folder of your wp-content folder and its subfolders must be 755 and file permissions in this folder must be 644 . (contact webhost ) .
    nursesed.net
    Participant
    Thank you! I talked to the host and their response was "<span style="background-color: #e8e8e8; color: #323232; font-family: Lato, sans-serif; font-size: 14px;">the permission we allow on our platform are folder 775</span><br style="box-sizing: border-box; color: #323232; font-family: Lato, sans-serif; font-size: 14px;" /><span style="color: #323232; font-family: Lato, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; background-color: #e8e8e8;">file 664" </span> It looks like I'll end up changing hosts.  
    nursesed.net
    Participant
    Are these settings sufficient or do I need to change hosts? What hosts would you recommend?
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well these settings are sufficient . Please provide us : your site url where you want to setup wplms . wp-admin credentials . Cpanel details to check issue with the permissions and plugin installation . if cpanel details are not possible to share then please share your FTp credentials . PS : mark reply as private while sharing credentials .
    nursesed.net
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    nursesed.net
    Participant
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Okay I have Installed all the necessary plugins in your site ,so that you can start building your content . The issue seems to be related to your host . wplms downloads the plugins from wp-content/themes/wplms/plugins directory in zipped and use TGMPA library to install and activate it. But due to some issue with your host its not letting it download . I would recommend you to consult with your webhost on this .
    nursesed.net
    Participant
    nursesed.net
    Participant
    Hi, Yes, i have installed all the 3 Remaining plugins on your site. #Cheers :) NOTE : So, Can we mark this topic as resolved now ?  
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • The topic ‘Moving staging site and keeping theme active’ is closed to new replies.