PHP 7.0 Upgrade Crashing Site

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Update Issues PHP 7.0 Upgrade Crashing Site

Tagged: ,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Hello, I've disabled all plugins (except for Jetpack and Akismet) outside of WPLMS core plugins and keep getting a crashed site when I use PHP 7.0. I can roll back PHP to 5.6 and the site comes back up but I'd rather be on the faster newer version. Strange thing is it was working for a while. When my website is down here's the error message I get: Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class ' * * @static * * @return array $value List of activity types. */' not found in /home/drewk151/public_html/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-core/classes/class-bp-core-nav.php:150 Stack trace: #0 /home/drewk151/public_html/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-core/bp-core-buddybar.php(155): BP_Core_Nav->add_nav(Array) #1 /home/drewk151/public_html/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-core/bp-core-buddybar.php(58): bp_core_create_nav_link(Array, 'members') #2 /home/drewk151/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wplms-dashboard/includes/dashboard.php(47): bp_core_new_nav_item(Array) #3 /home/drewk151/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(298): WPLMS_Dashboard->setup_nav('') #4 /home/drewk151/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(323): WP_Hook->apply_filters('', Array) #5 /home/drewk151/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(453): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #6 /home/drewk151/public_html/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-core/bp-core-dependency.php(123): do_action('bp_setup_nav') #7 /home/drewk151 in /home/drewk151/public_html/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-core/classes/class-bp-core-nav.php on line 150 It looks like a Buddypress issue, or could it be from some of the custom CSS code you provided me? Thank you for your help, Me
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well so far it looks like the error is coming from buddypress plugin  and this is a strange one . Never seen such error before . Could you please check your your buddypress plugins version ?IT should be updated to latest version . I know you should have checked that but still : make sure that you are upgrading to php 7.0 not 7.1 . Could you please try deactivating wplms dashboard plugin with php 7.0 and check this ?
    Alex, Things are even stranger.  When I log into my WP site and go to the dashboard I get this error message across the top: return in /home/drewk151/public_html/wp-content/plugins/vibe-customtypes/includes/errorhandle.php on line 63   Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/drewk151/public_html/wp-content/plugins/vibe-customtypes/includes/errorhandle.php:63) in /home/drewk151/public_html/wp-includes/option.php on line 837   Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/drewk151/public_html/wp-content/plugins/vibe-customtypes/includes/errorhandle.php:63) in /home/drewk151/public_html/wp-includes/option.php on line 838 Then below this error message is my normal WP/WPLMS interface. To specifically answer your two questions, I'm using BuddyPress 2.9.0 and when I switch to PHP 7.0.22 it now loads the homepage (this is farther than before) but when I click on any of the WP buttons to get to the back end it gives me this error message: This page isn’t working   www.dokodemobenkyou.com redirected you too many times. Try clearing your cookies. ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS Any ideas? Thank you, Me
    Alex, After I switched back to PHP 5.6 all of the updates showed up again.  So, I updated my site (WPLMS and all the plugins associated with it) and the site came back up and was pretty snappy. When I upgraded to PHP 7.0.22 again I get the following error message on my /wp-admin/ page: Fatal error: in /home/drewk151/public_html/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-core/classes/class-bp-core-nav.php on line 150 Thanks again for your help, Drew
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well that is really strange one . Wplms development is done on php 7.0 itself but we dont face any such issue . Please try setting a bit lower version of php (lower than 7.0.22 ).
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    We would need the issue to be replicated .Since we are not able to replicate the issue on our test sites ,please provide a test environment where this issue is appearing .Maybe a staging site . refer: https://wplms.io/support/forums/topic/how-to-create-wp-staging-environment/ Share admin credentials plus ftp credentials of this test site where issue is replicating in private reply .
    soulshakepower
    Spectator
    Hi there, Just to say that after upgrading to PHP 7.1 I had very similar errors as @drewkellygmailcom got (reported here), and they are all gone after downgrading to PHP 7.0.22 (I'm on siteground and can only choose 7.0.22 as 7.0 version). So I think as a suggestion that it would be cool to put a note somewhere (and/or in related doc) saying that WPLMS is compatible with PHP 7.0 and not 7.1, cause I remember reading many times "is it compatible with PHP 7", and the answer was only yes.. Just sayin' I take the opportunity to say that I am super happy with WPLMS under PHP 7, it is really smooth and fast even though I have many plugins. Thanks for your theme quality that is always improving :-) @drewkellygmailcom, hope you get your issue fixed but that is only a matter of time, as always.. Cheers!
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Thanks for the update,
    This reply has been marked as private.
    @soulshakepower, Thank you for chiming in! I agree the site runs way better on 7.0.22, I'm on SiteGround too and found it way faster than the 5.6(?) I'm back down to now. I'm sure this will get worked out, disappointed I had to downgrade for the time being but once it's worked out hopefully there will be lessons learned all around. Thanks for the encouragement! Me
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Please change the php version of staging site to 7.0 and also share staging site admin credentials and ftp credentials to check this and fix this issue at your end .
    Alex, When I log into the staging site the homepage shows up and appears to be working fine.  However, when I try to log in as the Admin I get 'ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS' and can't log in. Seems like I keep getting these couple of error messages... thanks again for your help. Me
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well I checked your staging site and there are some really strange errors appearing in your site. Then to fix that I started deactivating third party plugins . At last I was able to get your site back by deactivating these plugins : buddydrive sg cachepress woocommerce subscriptions/ woocommerce stripe gateway plugin bp security check I guess these plugins are actually not compatible with php 7 and are throwing errors .
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • The topic ‘PHP 7.0 Upgrade Crashing Site’ is closed to new replies.