Removing Default Sidebar

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Styling issues Removing Default Sidebar

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    mas6ce
    Spectator
    Hi!  I've been searching through forums for a way to remove the default sidebar on my members page to no avail - I would like to remove the upper sidebar on the left of this page: http://culturecorners.com/modern/members/ so that the only sidebar is the bottom bit under "search" - I am using the modern child theme of WPLMS. I really appreciate any help with this! Thanks! Megan
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    It seems like you have used widget. Please go to your wp-admin->appearance->widget->buddypress sidebar: and remove the widget above the search widget. If you do not find any widget above the search widget then may be its coming from from third party plugin, deactivate it.
    mas6ce
    Spectator
    Thanks for your reply!  There wasn't anything but the profile search widget in the Buddypress sidebar - I uninstalled my profile search plugin and that got rid of part of the mess, but also the bottom part that I wanted to keep.  The options to search for instructors or create a course are still there - is there a way I could get rid of those options?
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well those are hardcoded in the memebrs page in wplms . Of you do not want to show that you can hide it by using the css  : For that please add the given css from wp-admin -> appearnac e-> customize -> custom css : .directory.members .col-md-3.col-sm-4 div.item-list-tabs,.directory.members .col-md-3.col-sm-4 div#member-dir-search,.directory.members .col-md-3.col-sm-4 > ul {     display: none !important;   }  
    mas6ce
    Spectator
    Thank you so much for your help!  That got rid of everything but the "create a course button" - is there a way to get rid of that too?
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Please use this custom css instead of the above css, it will get rid of everything present in the left. .members.directory section#content>div#buddypress div.padder .col-md-3.col-sm-4 { display:none; }
    mas6ce
    Spectator
    So that got rid of the create a course button, but I would still like to keep the search feature I had in the beginning... is there a way to only allow my sidebar and not the default buddypress sidebar?  Thank you!  Sorry for being a pain! :/
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    You want only the search feature and nothing else. And you are calling widget a sidebar, actually buddypress is sidebar and that search feature is a widget. And you want to remove all other widgets and keep only search widget in buddypress sidebar. If this is the case then, first remove the above css and then please go to wp-admin->appearance->widgets->buddypress: and remove all the widgets except the search widget, refer: http://prntscr.com/9tof5a If I am misunderstanding and you have your own custom sidebar then please let me know.
    mas6ce
    Spectator
    That's exactly what I want to do, however, I followed your recommendation and when I remove everything except the search widget, the above part that I want to get rid of is still there. http://culturecorners.com/modern/members/
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    When I tried opening your site, its blank. Please check all your plugins and theme is updated and try deactivating third party plugins. Also share the credentials, mark your message as private while sharing the credentials.
    mas6ce
    Spectator
    Sorry about that I installed the theme update incorrectly - the site should be up now.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Please share the admin credentials also. PS: Please mark your message as private while sharing the credentials.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Removing Default Sidebar’ is closed to new replies.