SCORM Issue

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues SCORM Issue

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    mlapl1
    Participant
    Hello I am learning about WPLMS and I am very impressed, particularly by the level of service. I decided to purchase WPLMS because it says it is fully SCORM 1.2 compliant (at both the course level and unit level). Having SCORM available is really important for my work. I am concerned with the fact that as soon as I load the SCORM file, WPLMS declares it completed. I would have expected that it would wait until it received the completed signal from the lesson (or a certain score). Is there anywhere that I can set the completed parameter programmatically? As a followup to this question, is there some place where I can see a list of all the SCORM variables that WPLMS responds to? I am using an authoring system called Lectora which works perfectly well with Moodle. I will try Articulate 3 shortly. Thank you for any help - this is really important for me. Andrew
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well wplms supports all the events from Scorm and Xapi . It basically listens to : this.LMSInitialize = LMSInitializeMethod; this.LMSGetValue = LMSGetValueMethod; this.LMSSetValue = LMSSetValueMethod; this.LMSCommit = LMSCommitMethod; this.LMSFinish = LMSFinishMethod; this.LMSGetLastError = LMSGetLastErrorMethod; this.LMSGetErrorString = LMSGetErrorStringMethod; this.LMSGetDiagnostic = LMSGetDiagnosticMethod; these params . We listen to finish and LMSSetValue to update the information of user progress and finish in Scorm packages .
    mlapl1
    Participant
    Hello and thank you very much @Alex. I will review the information you sent me (second part of my post) nut I am still confused about the first part of my post. Perhaps we can focus on that first. I will repeat it below (a) As soon as the SCORM lesson is loaded (at least in a WPLMS unit), WPLMS says that it is complete. (b) I would expect that WPLMS would wait until it received AICC_Lesson_Status set to completed OR it received a score (AICC_Score) at a certain level or both before declaring the SCORM activity completed. (c) Having the SCORM lesson declared completed by the LMS when it is obviously not completed creates a serious problem of control of student achievement. Is there some way to fix that, perhaps some setting that I have overlooked or misunderstood? I am very impressed with WPLMS for many reasons (including the level of service) and I am willing to spend time familiarizing myself with it but the SCORM completion is critically important (not just for me but others as well). Thank you once again and I look forward to your solution. Andrew
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    1 . YEs this is an issue we have to fix it for units .ACtually packages works better when set as a whole course package . 2 . Yes that is the plan . 3 . yes you are right . Well actually in your case packages should be set as course packages not unit packages , that will work better
    mlapl1
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    1 . Yes we can do this but the issue is that all scorm packages does not send the finish api call . With this bug we assume that users are uploading packages which sends the lmsfinish event so that we can listen it and complete the unit/course . does your package send this finish event?
    mlapl1
    Participant
    Thank you @Alex for your response. Yes you have to assume that the SCORM package will send the finish api call. That is not your responsibility. Your responsibility is to produce a system that will respond to the finish api call IF it is sent. If you do not provide the facility to receive a finish api call from the package, then you guarantee that the course developer will NEVER be able to automatically mark a course or unit, or whatever, as complete. And that is of no value to anyone, including WPLMS. The ability for the course designer to send or refuse to send the finish api call is not necessarily a bug but a feature as we sometimes say :) One option, of course, is to give the lesson-writer a choice of either sending a properly formatted api call or to ask the student to press the "completed" button. That's an easy choice to provide and some plugin developers for other wordpress LMS systems give you that choice very effectively - and integrate it with the LMS very effectively. As for my package, I use mainly Lectora (and also Articulate 3), it happily satisfies the "completed" requirement for moodle, formalms and a Learndash plugin - so I imagine that it would work with WPLMS (we set the variable AICC_Lesson_Status as completed) and the package quite happily talks to these various LMS systems. I presume WPLMS is listening for that. Thanks once again, I hope that is helpful. Andrew
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well ok if package will send finish api call then we can do this . But not all user need it . We will be adding a setting in the upload type unit to handle finish hit from scorm package and disable auto finish unit .
    mlapl1
    Participant
    That sounds like a good idea @Alex. That way you will be able to get 100% of the SCORM market and not just 50%. There are many things in a good LMS system that are not needed by all users, but that is not a reason for not including them. That way you enlarge your clientele, avoid disappointed customers and have a better product. I look forward to testing the system. Andrew
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    added to issue log : https://trello.com/c/YSFeH9Mt
    mlapl1
    Participant
    Excellent! And great care of your clients! Congratulations!
    Veronica
    remaining this topic open so you can post further queries related to this
    mlapl1
    Participant
    Thank you @Veronica. I look forward to testing this new function. Cheers Andrew
    mlapl1
    Participant
    mlapl1
    Participant
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.