Students to start forum

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues Students to start forum

Tagged: ,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    wifethecompany
    Spectator
    Hi, How can i let students start a forum? Regards,
    Mark Morgan
    Spectator
    When the user registers on the website then he/she is not subscribed to any forum, but if she purchase any course and gets enrolled in the course then automatically she will be subscribed to the forum connected with that course.
    wifethecompany
    Spectator
    Thanks But if the user wants to start a forum without taking the course. Anyhow i m trying to get manual approval for users when they register. Can you look into this. Regards,
    Diana
    Participant
    @wifethecompany, I don't think this would be a great idea to allow participants/Students to create new forums. This is totally handled by BBpress plugin and there is a certain limit to create forums. You can allow users to create forums if you give them the capability to do so, or create a new bbPress role for them to default as so that they can all create forums. To assign roles to the user so they can create the forums, go to wp-admin > users > All users > Edit the user and assign user role for the forums Refer: http://prntscr.com/kr6wie But, I suggest you create a forum which should be the public forum and not connected to any course. it should be just a chit-chat forum
    wifethecompany
    Spectator
    Hi, Thanks for you response. Regards,
    Diana
    Participant
    @wifethecompany Closing this topic
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Students to start forum’ is closed to new replies.