Trouble setting up direct checkout

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Trouble setting up direct checkout

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    senorchavez
    Participant
    I can't get direct checkout to work. I would like to go straight to the payment page as soon as the user clicks the "take this course" button. I have set direct checkout to "skip product page & cart" in the WPLMS > Miscellaneous settings, re-saved my permalinks, and followed the guide here: https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/direct-checkout-not-working/ Additionally, I reverted Woocommerce to 3.3.5 (was previously updated to 3.4.2) to get rid of the template errors, and removed all customization from the child theme. I have also verified that choose only "skip cart" and only "skip product page" have no effect. However, it still goes to the product page with an "add to cart" button when the user clicks "take this course." I will follow up with a private post containing login details.
    senorchavez
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Diana
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    senorchavez
    Participant
    Hi Diana, thanks for testing it. Based on your video, I found that it does indeed work for a user logged int to an existing account. However, I would like it to work for a new user who does not have an account, who will purchase the course and then create an account during checkout. When I try to buy a course under those conditions, clicking on the "take course" button takes me to a screen that says "your cart is empty" instead of to checkout.
    Diana
    Participant
    @senorchavez, Update your theme to 3.5.1 and then check again. Then Let me know
    senorchavez
    Participant
    Hi Diana, I updated the theme, but the issue persists.
    Diana
    Participant
    @senorchavez, Check whether you have enabled caching for non-logged in user. If yes, then please disable that.
    senorchavez
    Participant
    @Diana I have made some progress. Unfortunately I tried multiple things at once, so I can't say exactly what did the trick, but... I did some digging and determined that our host, WPEngine, has caching enabled by default on their end. So even if I was (very intentionally) not using any caching plugins, there could still be caching taking place. I contacted support and had them disabled caching of pages under the /courses directory. They said it would take some time, so while they were doing that, I continued debugging. I switched from the blank child theme to the original WPLMS theme, and re-enabled the plugins. About that time they said the caching had been disabled... And then it began working! So it was likely one of those two things. If the direct checkout mode makes changes to the "take this course" button, then it was likely the caching at fault and disabling it on the courses page fixed the issue. If changing the themes fixed the problem... that was probably still a caching issue of another sort. Since then I've deleted the blank child theme and reinstalled it. I was able to switch to it and the direct checkout still works. I think the issue is probably now solved, however I'm testing it a bit more for robustness.
    Diana
    Participant
    @senorchavez, The issue is related to caching. It takes place when the caching is enabled for non-logged in user. Whenever a non-registered user try to add something in the cart it loads a blank cart page saying the cart is empty. I debugged the redirections of the pages as well. Everything was working perfectly. Then, I realised the page is cached. That's why it is showing the same page. Yes, you can test it and please confirm me after testing
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Trouble setting up direct checkout’ is closed to new replies.