Unable to activate comments (reviews) on courses.

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Update Issues Unable to activate comments (reviews) on courses.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    carlosmer
    Spectator
    I can not activate comments on courses so reviews are not display in the course home page. I go to Edit Course, back end, and I check Allow comments, I save settings, and then again Allow comments is unchecked. It only happens with courses. Pages or posts work ok. The only change I can do is go from Checked to Unchecked Allow comments. But not from unchecked to checked because changes won't safe. I have tried everything. I changed all WP discussion settings. I activated WPLMS comments on pages setting. I deactivated all the plugins. I change from Blank Child to WPLMS. Nothing. This is really important because all costumers come to see other people reviews before buying and right now they are not displayed
    carlosmer
    Spectator
    Ok I was able to activate Courses Comments from All Courses } Go to the course } Quick edit (Not Edit), and activate Comments. I still can not allow comments from Edit Course but I don't really care since from Quick edit it works.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well this is strange .Can you please share your url of such course and admin credentials to check the issue at your end .
    chinolz
    Spectator
    Hi i have the exact problem, was the issue resolved? the allow comments keeps getting unchecked on publish course. The only way to enable comments is to use quick edit*
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster

We have seen such a issue on some sites  but could not replicate it on our own test sites .

As a quick fix .Please try adding this code in your wplms-customizer.php file in wplms customizer plugin :

add_action('init',function(){

wp_update_post(array('ID'=>2927,'comment_status' => 'open'));

});

please change the " 2927 " with the course id in above code.

After adding code reload the site and then remove it .
    chinolz
    Spectator
    i dont need a quick fix, i can enable comments using quick edit. What i need is a permanent solution for wplms bug. Each time the course is updated the reviews will be disabled. On the site with multiple courses and users its impossible to remember to "quick fix" the comments everytime something gets updated
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well as I said we have already spent hours of out time checking this issue on your site but could not find a valid reason behind it and hence the issue was not fixed . We will check it again .Till then please add the code given above and do not remove it .  
    chinolz
    Spectator
    The code doesnt fix the issue, this happens on all courses not one specific course. And the code given by Diana for global posts not working
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Ok please remove the above code and try out this one to eable comments on all of your courses whether its turned of or not : add the code in your wplms-customizer.php in wplms customzier plugin : add_action('wplms_after_course_description',function(){   global $post;   $post->comment_status="open"; });
    chinolz
    Spectator
    the code doesnt work
    chinolz
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    chinolz
    Spectator
    ok the code bypassed allow comments (its still disabled in backend) however its still showing reviews on front end for now its ok
    chinolz
    Spectator
    please close the topic
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well the complete code would be this :     add_action('wplms_after_course_description',function(){   global $post;   $post->comment_status="open"; });   add_action('bp_before_course_body',function(){   global $post;   $post->comment_status="open"; });   add_action('wplms_before_start_course',function(){   $course_id = 0;   if(isset($_POST) && isset($_POST['course_id'])){     $course_id = $_POST['course_id'];   }   if(empty($course_id ) && !empty($_COOKIE['course_id'])){     $course_id = $_COOKIE['course_id'];   }   if(!empty($course_id)){     wp_update_post(array('ID'=>$course_id,'comment_status' => 'open'));        } });
    rajib_chowdhury
    Participant
    is there any review shortcode i can use. Actually, i want the students to review me once they completely finish an unit or entire course .
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘Unable to activate comments (reviews) on courses.’ is closed to new replies.