Video vibe compatability with JW Player

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Video vibe compatability with JW Player

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    gsjaak_118
    Participant
    Hi! I would love to use your video vibe add on. However we use JW player, this is not (yet) supported. I am wondering if you are planning on adding this support in the near future or may be willing to take this up as a custom customization? Kind regards  
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    The VideoVibe does not have any inbuilt custom player as most of the thirdparty video hosts have their own players. It is also useful in uploading videos to video hosts like Vimeo and Wistia. To play videos from Vimeo/Wistia in a third party player like JWplayer, it needs a video source which may be different for each video host, like vimeo has this : https://help.vimeo.com/hc/en-us/articles/224823567-How-do-I-use-a-third-party-player-with-Vimeo-PRO-or-Vimeo-Business-?flash_digest=8045c7a26dd56a8bb21f6cae3588f9f45ac3a34e So, this needs more research to ensure if this is feasible solution.
    gsjaak_118
    Participant
    Thanks for the reply. I am hosting and playing my videos via JWPlayer, so I would particularly be interested in uploading videos to our jw player server and having them placed in the units. Would this be possible?
    logan
    Nope, as stated above. The VideoVibe does not have any inbuilt custom player as most of the thirdparty video hosts have their own players.
    gsjaak_118
    Participant
    Ok, wait I don't really get this. How is vimeo different to jwplayer? We host our videos at jwplayer and play them on our site with their player (using iframe). I would like to use video vibe to upload a video to our jwplayer host and then serve it via iframe
    logan
    Vimeo provides its own custom js player. What you're asking may not be possible.
    1. You can use video vibe for uploading videos directly to your vimeo account.

2. You can manually extract video source for your Vimeo Video as per this doc : https://help.vimeo.com/hc/en-us/articles/224823567-How-do-I-use-a-third-party-player-with-Vimeo-PRO-or-Vimeo-Business-?flash_digest=8045c7a26dd56a8bb21f6cae3588f9f45ac3a34e

3. And then use the jwplayer with the source of above.

The videovibe does not have any player. Even to check this you first need to ensure that step 2 works with jwplayer ( which is not a part of WPLMS or VideoVibe ), I recommend asking JWplayer support for this. Also, are you using any plugin for jwplayer, if yes, please share the link? is there any shortcode available?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Video vibe compatability with JW Player’ is closed to new replies.