Which PHP Version is recommended

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Setup issues Which PHP Version is recommended

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Trader1981
    Spectator
    Hi support team, I have several questions, which may correlate each other, that's why I summarize them all here. I first describe what I observed and after my story I list my questions. What happened: I was updating the theme and went through all the plugins. At some point I stumbled over the Woocommerce recommendation to use PHP 7.2. So I changed it through my hosting provider from 7.0 to 7.2. All good so far. My website is not live yet, so I disabled some plugins that I actually don't need. Then I experienced some issue that led me to some conclusions and questions after some research. In the WPLMS Menu >> Pagebuilder Manager I got an error. Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable [***myfoldername***]/wordpress/wp-content/themes/wplms/options/fields/pagebuilder_layouts/field_pagebuilder_layouts.php on line 41 This was printed twice. I thought, maybe it is related to the disabled plugins. So I reactivated all my disabled plugins. Then, I got an issue with the Mycred plugin, which requires myCrypt, which is only supported until PHP version 7.1. Cool, I changed it, reinstalled plugins. The Mycred plugin didn't show any warnings anymore. The error message from the Pagebuilder disappeared. All seems to be good again. So here my questions: 1) What is the recommended PHP Version to use with your theme? 2) Why did I have the Pagebuilder warning? Was it related to PHP version or to the disabled plugins or both? I am actually only using the visual composer(WPBakery) 3) Which plugins do you recommend to keep activated, although they are not needed. (maybe they are in the background which only you know). I actually (think) don't need the following functionalities:
    • BadgeOS
    • BadgeOS Community Addon
    • Buddydrive
    • MyCred
    • WPLMS BadgeOS
    • WPLMS MyCred Addon
    4) Given the issue of a PHP version issue, which other plugins do you recommend, which are compatible to your theme? I am especially thinking of security plugins, SEO and Caching. Recommendations are warmly welcome. I am super new to wordpress. So far I managed to get my site working on my own. I am in the final polish round, testing etc. I chose your theme mainly due to your good documentation!!! Good job. All my issues I got resolved through your forums and documentation so far. I think, if you would extend your documentation, make it a bit more elaborated, you could save a lot of support tickets. Keep up your good job. Cheers from Germany, Georg
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    1. As of now we recommend PHP 7.1 version because we haven't completely tested our theme on PHP 7.2 version. So we recommend PHP 7.1 version. 2. As we check code of page builder, this error is not expected. 3. It depends on the use of that plugin but some plugin related to wplms must be activated. 4. For Security : sucuri plugin SEO : Yoast seo plugin Caching : w3 total cache plugin
    Trader1981
    Spectator
    Thanks for the fast reply. You can close the topic.   Cheers, Georg
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Hi, Welcome!
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Which PHP Version is recommended’ is closed to new replies.