WPLMS configuration inquiry

Home Forums WPLMS AddOns WPLMS Appointments WPLMS configuration inquiry

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Startup07
    Participant
    Hi Vibe Team, I recently purchased the WPLMS Appointments add-on, and I would like to configure it to meet my exact business needs. Basically, I want to limit the control teachers will have over bookings for an institution type environment. Teachers will only need to add their available time slots. I need to do the following: #1-Disable messages between students and teachers #2-Hide "General Settings" from teachers (Admin will set default settings for all teachers) For example: all bookings will be "free slots" and all slot duration will be "20 mins" #3 Disable schedule edit feature for teachers (Admin will set default settings for all bookings) #4 Set all bookings to "Online Conference" by default (Admin) For example: All appointments are held in BBB by default. So, a join meeting button will need to be available to teachers and students at a default time set by Admin Thanks.
    Diana
    Participant
    @Startup07, Read all your points and for all these modifications I need to go through the code of wplms appointments only then I can share custom code with you. Will update you by tomorrow
    Startup07
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Diana
    Participant
    @Startup07, Point 1: Disable messages between user and teacher Disable Buddypress Private Messaging from your site from wp-admin > settings > BuddyPress refer: http://prntscr.com/qmun7o Because we are using BuddyPress functionality. When students/teachers try to send the message it will show the error that this feature is disabled on your site. Point 2: Hide General Settings from Teachers Add this code in wp-admin > Plugins > editor > select wplms customizer plugin > wplms-customizer.php add_filter('wplms_appointments_settings','wplms_appointment_settings_filters',99, 1); function wplms_appointment_settings_filters($settings){ $settings = array(); return $settings; } Point 3: Disable Schedule Edit feature for teachers We don't have any filter there so this custom code will do the trick. Past in wplms customizer plugin add_action('wp_head','disable_schedule_edit_feature'); function disable_schedule_edit_feature(){ if(current_user_can('instructor')){ ?> <style> .edit_event{display:none;} </style> <?php } } Point 4: Set All Bookings to Online Conference This is not possible because button click is needed to set meeting
    Startup07
    Participant
    Hi Diana, I am most grateful for your valued assistance. I will check it out. Thank you. Quick question: When instructors and users send each other messages, are those messages also sent to Admin? This is concerning the safety of instructors and users.
    Diana
    Participant
    @Startup07, No, the messages will be sent to that instructor only not to Admin
    Startup07
    Participant
    Startup07
    Participant

Hi Diana,

Thanks again for your help. I was able to test those codes & this is what happened.

I added the first code. This was the result: https://snipboard.io/qZ43ez.jpg

I removed the code and this was the result: https://snipboard.io/Tba0Kj.jpg

Also, I added the second code, but I was still able to edit items as a "teacher" when I did a test.

I followed step by step instructions. I added the codes to WPLMS Customizer Plugin. Did you get a different result? Did I overlook a step? Thank you.

Diana
    Participant
    Startup07
    Participant
    Diana
    Participant
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘WPLMS configuration inquiry’ is closed to new replies.