WPML and WPLMS

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Translation issues WPML and WPLMS

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    peterlaunonen
    Participant
    Hello, I have read a few other posts about the use of WPML for a multilingual site with WPLMS. I don't think my exact query has been covered before, so I thought I'd start a thread for it. If you have any ideas, please let me know! :)   I understand I can use WPML to create a multilingual site for WPLMS. However, in all the videos I have seen about it, it seems you have to translate all the courses/units as well. I only want to provide a multilingual site in terms of the main pages (home, about, etc.), but the courses will only be offered in English and I would like not to have to duplicate the courses/units in order for them to appear under the different language versions of the site. So, in summary, I want: - to provide a multilingual site
    • all (or most) main pages to be multilingual

• students to be able to access the same courses (only one version, English)

Does anyone know if this can be done, and how? One thought I had was that if I installed WPML, translated the Home and other relevant pages, but left the All Courses and other Course selection pages untranslated, would that then redirect all students to the page where they choose the courses in English?   Regards, Peter

H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi, Yes your observation is correct, the main purpose of the multilingual plugin is that the user wants to show the website in two different languages. But your requirement is little different so you can avoid using the buddypress multilingual plugin and only change the pages in two different languages.
    peterlaunonen
    Participant
    I would like the login pages and static site header etc. to be available in multiple languages too.. So I guess I would need to translate BuddyPress?
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi, Please try using the wpml for this, using it you can have different header for different languages. If you are only looking for different menus, then there are some plugins for wpml which allows you to create different headers/menus for different languages which you can use.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘WPML and WPLMS’ is closed to new replies.