WPML issue / your tutorial correct?

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues WPML issue / your tutorial correct?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    waytogo
    Spectator
    I would like to add (beside German) a second language (English) with the help of the plugin WPML. I watched your tutorial https://vibethemes.com/documentation/wplms/knowledge-base/wplms-with-wpml-multilingual-plugin/ but I guess there is something missing wrong in this tutorial or I need your advice. At 1.58 min you switch from the main language to the added language and there you enter the translated websites in the tab "pages" of buddypress and save it. You explain something similar at 5:50 min. for the WPLMS pages in the course manager. BUT, if you add the pages in these pages and you save it and you switch back to the original (main) language all entries are deleted and vice versa. I was talking with WPML about this for Buddypress Multilingual and they told me that you only have to enter the pages in the original language and leave the entries of the translated language as they are (means empty, not connected). It will work anyways. Now I am confused. Does it work like they say or do you have different experiences? To put it into a nutshell: do you see with the main language the entries of the entered and saved pages and if you switch to the new language you see the translated pages and both don't delete what I have saved before in the other language? Thank you very much in advance.
    waytogo
    Spectator
    After updating of the theme 2.9.2, Worpdress 4.8, BuddyPress 2.8.2, BuddyPress Multilingual 1.5.5.2 and all plugins, one of these two bugs are fixed. The entry of the pages in the tutorial at 5:50 min works now even after a language switch in the backend! But what you explained in 1:58 min still doesn't work if you switch the languages in the backend. I guess it is a BuddyPress Multilingual "bug" which you can't correct?
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    YEs wpml is right  you only have to enter the pages in the original language and leave the entries of the translated language as they are (means empty, not connected). It will work anyways. same will go for the vibe options panel settings. You just select the page in original language . Make sure that there is translated page for each of this page in other language in both the cases
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘WPML issue / your tutorial correct?’ is closed to new replies.