All Course Student List not synching correctly

Home Forums WPLMS AddOns WPLMS Mailchimp All Course Student List not synching correctly

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    fdittmar
    Participant
    Team, I'm back to trying the mailchimp plugin (nearly 18 month after giving up last time) because I've now got 700 students and it's a big hassle to keep lists synched manually. The 1.5.1 plugin creates Course GROUPS ok (provided there is at least one student registered in a course) but does not synch the student list properly (I'm only using Manual Sync on 1 list (All Courses Students List)). The bad thing is that it does occasionally sync a couple of names to a few course groups e.g. sends 1 student name out of 5 students registered for the course. The students are generally existing users who just sign up for another course. It's not related to whether a student is new or not. It's not related to whether a student has first/last name properly set or whether it's just Display Name (btw, I still think you should have a switch and allow us Admins to get a full first/last name user combo transferred to Mailchimp if we choose to take the performance/enumeration hit). H.K. was helping last year with https://wplms.io/support/forums/topic/mailchimp-last-name-not-synching/ I suspect this is still related to transaction size / API call timing, probably on most users' shared hosting plans. You were meant to have fixed that in https://trello.com/c/VveTLgdV but maybe the chunks and error handling aren't sufficient. Replication / checking the errors is possible not not that straightforward (Mailchimp login is 2-factor so we would need to be online together) so I would like to know whether you can help me with this. I think everyone on this forum knows that that plugin has never been particularly good in terms of it's reliability and error checking and I've seen Diana struggling recently over a 2+ weeks issue where it wasn't even shared hosting. Maybe you could have a look at chunking it / really slowing it down so that it is at least useable for those of us who do manual syncs (personally I don't want it online all the time because we can't remove the 'Subscribe checkbox' and have people auto added to a MC list) or for the folks who don't have dedicated servers or large resource capacities. Any way to get that asynchronous backend api call to finish without errors or timeouts would be a good solution I think. Thanks
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Yes we did fixed this issue at that time using chained ajax by using promises .This pushes the students list a limited number of students per course per ajax calls . It was working fine , we would again need to check this up .
    fdittmar
    Participant
    I think the plugin does not update any details that change on the site if the user already exists in the mailchimp list, does it? How is it meant to work if an existing student signs up for a new course? The plugin would create the mailchimp group based on the course name but would not add the student to that group? It definitely does not work on my site and I only have around 10 students per course/group and only around 700 total in the mailchimp list.
    fdittmar
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Diana
    Participant
    @fdittmar As @ALex mentioned in the reply that we have to check this on our test setup first. If this will be replicated on our test setup then we can mark this as a bug. Please provide some time
    fdittmar
    Participant
    Has anyone had time to look at my screenshot with errors etc? thanks
    Diana
    Participant
    @fdittmar Apologies for this delay in the response. Will Update you tomorrow. I have checked the issue before but need to check again. Apologies once again for the inconvenience but you'll get the reply tomorrow for sure
    Diana
    Participant
    @fdittmar, Checking your issue
    fdittmar
    Participant
    Diana
    Participant
    fdittmar
    Participant
    Any news on the sync not working and the errors in the screenshots? Thanks
    fdittmar
    Participant
    Any news on the sync not working and the errors in the screenshots? Thanks
    fdittmar
    Participant
    Any news on the sync not working and the errors in the screenshots? Thanks again
    fdittmar
    Participant
    Any news on the sync not working and the errors in the screenshots? Thanks again, another week later.
    Diana
    Participant
    @fdittmar Will update you today. Apologies for the inconvenience
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • The topic ‘All Course Student List not synching correctly’ is closed to new replies.