Auto-Trigger Course Complete Major Bug

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues Auto-Trigger Course Complete Major Bug

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    layne2
    Participant
    I am currently experiencing a bug with my site where a student submits a quiz then after the quiz is evaluated the user is unable to view any lessons within the course. The user is automatically taken back to the quiz page until they 'View Results' and 'Retake Quiz' this resets the quiz and the user is then free to navigate again. However, this causes confusion for users and would be nice not to have. Here are my quiz and course settings that I believe could be attributed to this bug:
    • Quiz: Auto Evaluate Results is On

• Course: Auto Evaluation is On and a Certificate Passing Percentage is set

• LMS: Auto-mark unit complete when user proceeds to next unit, Auto trigger finish course button, and Enable In-Course Quiz are On

Thank you in advance!

Mk
    We would need some more details on this issue . Can you please share some screenshots or a video on how are users not able to access units when this setting is enabled?
    layne2
    Participant
    Hey Mk, Thanks for the quick response! Here is a video of the bug in action: https://imgur.com/a/W5lzl7O Notice how because the quiz and other units were completed the course percentage turns to 100%. From that point on I am unable to view any other unit inside the course, I am automatically taken to the course complete page until I reset the quiz. Thank you!
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well this is happening due to the course is not marked as complete as it is showing a unit or quiz incomplete . I guess you have not scored enough marks in a quiz Cv module assesment . I guess you have quiz passing score enabled in your setup .   Please apply this tip to resolve this issue : https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/cant-continue-course-when-auto-trigger-finish-course-and-auto-mark-complete-unit-is-activated/
    layne2
    Participant
    Hey Alex, I do have quiz passing score enabled for my quizzes but regardless if a user gets passing marks or not the issue persists. I looked at the tip you mentioned and what is curious is I had an older version of the code already in my wplms-customizer that helped with the issue of being stuck on just the course complete page. The difference between the code I have in place and what's on the support tip page is my versions does not have this: if(isset($_POST['no_ajax_course_id'])){ $course_id = $_POST['no_ajax_course_id']; } When I add this to my existing code it does allow for a user to navigate the course units even when the course progress is at 100%. However when this code is enabled the user is no longer automatically redirected to the course complete page where I have a message for the user and the certificate print link. In fact, the certificate is not awarded at all even with passing marks with that code implemented. I need both of these features so the snippet of code above poses a problem. Thank you!
    Mk
    This reply has been marked as private.
    layne2
    Participant
    Hey Mk, When that code is disabled the user gets stuck on the course complete page and cannot view any other units. Here is a demonstration: https://imgur.com/a/I89XXA2 I am not sure how you got your sample course to work like it is, I have tried implementing some of the settings on the sample course you built onto my live courses but my issue still persists. Something I noticed though is that on your course when you reached 100% course progress the 'Continue Module' button says 'Finished Module.' While in my live courses that button always says 'Continue Module' even if the course progress is at 100%, do you know of a particular setting that causes this? Thank you!
    Mk
    layne2
    Participant
    Mk
    I am checking your issue. In my course, I set the course evaluation and quiz evaluation automatically.
    layne2
    Participant
    Hey Mk, I have both course and quiz evaluation automatically as well so I am not sure that is the cause. But thank you for looking into this.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well actually what is happening here is that the course is not getting finished even after the finish is triggered and user scored passing marks in last quiz. The issue relies here .That continue course button should be changed into "finished course" after finishing the course. Is there any kind of code added by you to reset the course on finish or stop changing the user course status to finish course ?      
    layne2
    Participant
    Hey Alex, I agree I believe the issue lies with the course not being marked as finished even after the finish is triggered and the quiz is passed. I don't believe I have any code that is stoping the course status to finished, Mk made a test course on the site that he was able to get the status as finished (refer to the video in his private response). Maybe there is a setting in my courses or quizzes causing this issue?
    Mk
    I tried to check it by admin: Refer: http://somup.com/cqivl9e2l1 By a new user: http://prntscr.com/olzpdi
    That means its working perfectly. But I don't know why it's not working for admin. please try -> by Resetting course for admin -> then remove admin from course -> then add admin again. ->then complete course and check is it working or not?  
    layne2
    Participant
    Hey Mk, I believe I have found the difference. Your test_mk account did not have membership access to the courses the admin account does. It seems that when a user does not have a membership the course finishes properly when the quiz is passed, the issue is still present when the quiz is failed. To replicate this issue try giving yourself the membership and go through a course again, it won't matter if you pass or fail the quiz you will be unable to navigate other units after the quiz submission.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • The topic ‘Auto-Trigger Course Complete Major Bug’ is closed to new replies.