Auto-Trigger Course Complete Major Bug

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues Auto-Trigger Course Complete Major Bug

Tagged: 

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Mk
    Ok, I will check and reply you soon. Please provide some time.
    layne2
    Participant
    Hey Mk, Thank you I will wait to hear from you. When a user has a membership and finishes a course there is an activity that happens which I think is causing the module not to finish. The activity is 'Student subscribed for course.' Take a look at the screenshot, this activity is not present when a student finishes a course if they do not have a membership. https://imgur.com/a/kWiPWUI
    Mk
    I looked at your issue. I found you are using a child theme. I will need FTP access to check in the code. Also, membership should not affect course status. there will be some other reason.
    layne2
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    layne2
    Participant
    Mk, I think the reason the course status is affected is the activity 'User subscribed to course' that is happening to a user after they complete the quiz with passing marks. But this activity only seems to come about when the user has a membership so I do believe this is worth looking into. Thank you!
    Mk
    Ok, I will check that too. Thanks for checking by your side.
    layne2
    Participant
    Hey Mk, Have there been any discoveries regarding this? Thank you!
    Mk
    No sir, I am chicking, Its working fine at my end. I am checking at your end and will reply to you by tomorrow.
    Mk
    Yes, it was a bug in wplms-membership addon plugin Please use the updated plugin. Download from here: https://wplms.io/support/wplms-woocommerce-membership-addon/
    layne2
    Participant
    Hey Mk, This is terrific this issue is taken care of when a user passes the quiz now! This is a huge step and I greatly appreciate your time and efforts. I do not wish to overshadow my gratitude with an existing issue. But it still remains that a user who doesn't pass the quiz will still be unable to view the units after an unsuccessful quiz attempt. This I believe is caused from the course percentage being at 100% and them not passing the quiz. So is there a workaround where users who do not pass the quiz do not get their course progress set to 100%? Thank you very much again for the updates you made to the wplms-woocommerce-membership! Have a great day!
    Mk
    Actually, we have settings for it. Go to course -> edit course -> settings -> and set Previous Units/Quiz must be Complete before next unit/quiz access Refer: http://prntscr.com/owjwuk And also Go to wp-admin-> lms-> settings and set Enable passing score for Quiz Refer: http://prntscr.com/owjxio
    But in this case, there is some problem if quiz unit is the last unit. Please add a survey unit or reference unit on last so that it can restrict students to move on the last unit if they failed in 2nd last unit.
    Also, we are working on changing workflow as you mentioned that if a student doesn't pass it should not add in progress.
    layne2
    Participant
    Hey Mk, I enabled these settings to implement the quiz as the 2nd last unit. I appreciate you guys working on the workflow as having the quiz as the 2nd last unit and the Previous Units/Quiz must be Complete before next unit/quiz access option being on aren't really ideal for the design of my site. But as a temporary band-aid, it is better than the alternative. How can I be notified of when the update to the workflow is complete so that a failed quiz attempt doesn't add progress? The issue this topic was opened for has been taken care of, thank you for all of your support.
    Mk
Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • The topic ‘Auto-Trigger Course Complete Major Bug’ is closed to new replies.