Displaying courses info for non logged-in visitors

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Displaying courses info for non logged-in visitors

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    EmiGrandOuest
    Spectator
    Hi, I have 3 questions regarding the information that can be displayed for non-logged-in users: – when a visitor (i.e. a non logged-in person) checks a course, he can read the presentation but cannot click on the syllabus/programme (while a logged-in visitor can). How can we enable him to click on the link and the read the programme? – each course can be completed with specific instructions which unfortunately show only by someone who has logged in and started a course. We need to show theses instructions right from the start (on the course presentation page) for anybody interested in that course, whether he/she has logged in or not. How can this be achieved? – by default, the course presentation states the remaining time before the course actually starts, i.e. the relative time instead of the specific dates. How can we enable the specific beginning/end dates to be displayed either below the presentation or in the sidebar widgets? Thanks very much in advance for your answers
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    1. the units from the course curriculum is not even accessible to the logged in user (students) ,however following a tip you can allow students to view the units of the course from  curriculum in which they subscribed . refer : https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/enable-students-subscribed-to-course-to-view-units-from-curriculum/ Also a free unit is visible to both non logged in user or the students . 2. Please clarify upon "instructions" (screenshot). 3.  refer : https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/show-start-date-instead-of-remaining-time-in-course/
    EmiGrandOuest
    Spectator
    Hi, I meant instructions like "Bring your own laptop", "Come with some material of your own", etc. These instructions are inserted in the Specific Instructions of the course presentation page (see screen attached). Thanks again for your help
    EmiGrandOuest
    Spectator
    Hi, Thanks for your answer. For Point n°3 (specific dates for a course rather than relative dates), I followed your instructions, I inserted the code in 2 different locations (enclosed screens) but it does not change anything. Can you tell me why? Any clue for displaying the specific instructions (see above and attached screen)? Thanks for your help
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    2. Please try adding the given code in your wplms-customizer.php file in wplms customizer plugin  . add_action('wplms_after_course_description','show_instructions'); function show_instructions(){ global $post; $instrcution=get_post_meta($post->ID,'vibe_course_instructions',true); if(!empty($instrcution)) echo apply_filters('the_content',$instrcution).' ';   } 3. Please add the code in your wplms-customizer.php file in wplms customizer plugin  . and it will show the start date in the button like this . refer : http://prntscr.com/8w8jpr
    EmiGrandOuest
    Spectator
    Hi, Thanks for your answers. Something went wrong as I added both codes: – the first one (to show the specific dates) did not make any difference. I understand from your anwser to Ulysse that it should be placed in a specific place in the code (at the end of the page, before ?>). I've just done it… but no difference. – the second code turned my admin panel down, I could not access wp_admin any more. I had to suppress wp_optimzer on the FTP, then re-install it to get it back to normal. I checked the code you sent me… and it seems to be wrong, mainly because of spelling mistakes (instrcutions instead of instructions). Can you check and send me the proper code: add_action('wplms_after_course_description','show_instructions');   function show_instructions(){   global $post;   $instrcution=get_post_meta($post->ID,'vibe_course_instructions',true);   if(!empty($instrcution))   echo apply_filters('the_content',$instrcution).' '; Thanks very much for your answer – we need to show our website pretty soon now! Take care Patrick
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Please share site url and admin credentials to add the code at your end . PS: mark reply as private while sharing the info .
    EmiGrandOuest
    Spectator
    Hi, Thanks for your answer. These are the requested info: URL: www.cfjm.info Login:CFJM1 Password: CFJM1 Please note that we are presenting this website at a public show tonight. When do you think you could insert the code? I want to make sure we will not have a problem for this show. Thanks in advance for your help.
    EmiGrandOuest
    Spectator
    While I am at it… I cant'figure how I can master the course button in the course presentation (button in the upper part of the sidebar). When one clicks on this button, it either sends the visitor to a blank page) or stays on the same course presentation page, just adding a # to the page URL. I guess it has to do with some of the settings, I went through it but can't see where these 2 situations can be changed. Thanks again for your help. Patrick
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Can you please share your valid ftp credentials to fix the issue.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
     Mark the reply as private while sharing the credentials  .
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Waiting for update. Please let me know as soon as possible.
    EmiGrandOuest
    Spectator
    Hi, Here they are : Serveur FTP             : ftp.cfjm.info Utilisateur (login)     : cfjminfowm Mot de passe (password) : 28EGBsDEcK3S I did not spot any problem… so far! Thanks for your help
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Thnaks for the credentials we are working on it  .
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Did the fix on your site ,please check .Please note that the start date will be visible if only if you have set a price in the product or rather make the course free  .
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • The topic ‘Displaying courses info for non logged-in visitors’ is closed to new replies.