Update to 2.7 not working / slow

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Update Issues Update to 2.7 not working / slow

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Hi guys I'm trying to update the WPLMS theme to 2.7 via the dashboard / updates panel. It's entered maintenance mode with the message The update process is starting. This process may take a while on some hosts, so please be patient. Enabling Maintenance mode… Then it seems to just hang with no progress. It's been over 30 mins now. Any advice? <h2></h2>
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Please check your folder and file permissions of your wp-content folder and its subfolder . Folder permissions must be 755  and file permissions must be 644  . You can also manually install the theme  : https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/manually-updating-wplms/
    Yes file and folder permissions are correct. In my Dashboard it tells me to update WPLMS to version 2.6 but under Themes it says 'your themes are all up to date' In the WPLMS dashboard for Theme Information, it says I have version 2.1 I have cleared the cache but can't see a way to add the update. I tried it manually and that didn't work either  
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    I've added the API key and tried to update the theme. It enters maintenance mode then just 'hangs'. I get the message that 'an automated wordpress update has failed to complete -please try again' but it doesn't work. Would any plugins be responsible for not allowing the auto update? Do I need to disable the auto update to then do it manually?
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well this is strange .I dont know if there are such plugins that can cause this . But you can simply try deactivating the plugins one by one  and check the issue again  . CAn you please share your server php error log with us to debug this (upload it somehwere online and share its link here ) . If you want to update in urgent then please manually update the theme following this tip :  https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/manually-updating-wplms/
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Okay I checked your error log and found out there are two things wrong with your php configuration : 1. Php memory limit is low .you server has 40MB php memory limit which is way too low .Please contact your webhost and ask them to increase php memory limit to at least 128 MB . 2. php imagick lib is not enabled in your server . Please contact webhost and ask them to enable this library .
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well the issue is actually related to hosting provider not with theme . We have never heard any such issue from any other user . It might be related to the file permissions . Please contact your webhost and ask them if they are able to ping vibethemes.com . Please check if you are able to update any other theme or not ???? can you please share your username and api key in private reply which you have added in your wp-admin=> wplms -> getting started . Also make sure that there are not spaces before or after username or api key . At last you can also manually update your wplms theme using this tip  : https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/manually-updating-wplms/
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    your api key and user name seeems to be valid . Please share your cpanel credentials and valid FTP credentials .We will update your theme . PS: mark reply as private while sharing .
    Now site won't load - need urgent assistance guys.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • The topic ‘Update to 2.7 not working / slow’ is closed to new replies.