0 REVIEWS, 0 STUDENTS = 0 SALES

Home Forums General [ No Support Zone ] Feature Request 0 REVIEWS, 0 STUDENTS = 0 SALES

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    pagenet
    Spectator
    It is probably safe to assume that most people who purchase this theme will be starting off with a fresh website with courses that have no students or no reviews.   Unfortunately, this is what they will see when they view a new course ... The Nasty No Review Error:  http://screencast.com/t/a29DTyPW Most new prospects will be easily put off by this ... SO, please, IF there are NO reviews yet or NO students yet, there should be NO mention of reviews (or star indicator) or student count on the course info page or course directory/masonry pages. As an exception, once a student takes a course, and it is found that there no reviews, please just ASK the student to leave a review, like most other sites do. ie. "Be the first to leave a review" or "Your feedback matters, what did you think of this course?"  ... but again, this question should only be visible after the student has enrolled in the course. In the past, many have asked for a CSS solution to hide this fact, but that is NOT a real solution, because we all actually DO want to show the review/student indicators once there is a MINIMUM number of reviews/students deemed worthy to show the public. I hate to bring this up, since its marketing 101, but most sites (like Amazon) already practice this.   If there are no reviews, they do not rub it in the public's face, because they actually do want to still encourage a purchase even if there are no reviews or buyers yet. If anyone else supports this simple marketing feature, please let hit this thread with a +1/me too ... Thanks for your consideration.
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    This option is already available. Go to course settings and enable : allow students to post review from course home page. Rephrasing of labels ca. Be done by using translation files.
    pagenet
    Spectator
    Thank you for your quick response but with all due respect, I ask that you please re-read the original request. The solution you suggested only allows a review to be posted from the course page, but does not CONDITIONALLY hide the fact that there are 0 reviews or 0 students on the course directory/masonry or course info pages .. nor does it remove the large N/A indicator from a new course with no activity. If there are a MINIMUM # of reviews or students, then the number of reviews or students should be shown .. but left blank if there are ZERO.    CSS or translation changes alone will not fix this. Marketing 101 tells us we do not want a website showing ZERO reviews and students on launch day.   This is problem all new WPLMS sites will overcome, so please make this a reality as soon as 2.0 is stable. Thank you
    carlito944
    Spectator
    Vibe, can you please post a response to this request as it is very important!
    drozza
    Participant
    pagenet, I like your sugestion, but man, you could show a little more respect. These guys work hard on this template.
    pagenet
    Spectator
    In no way did I mean any disrespect ... and I said so.  (I also did say please and thank you multiple times).  I am very much a to-the-point kind of person, and I know there is alot of hard work here, and it is appreciated.  Kudos, really. However, I too am putting alot of effort recoding many of the outstanding issues myself so that I have a workable site ... simply because none of all these upgrades mean anything if the sites that run this have little to no sales because of small overlooked details.
    chinolz
    Spectator
    Pagenet is making a very good point. There should be an option to give conditional reviews display toggle e.g if reviews number less than X -> hide it.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘0 REVIEWS, 0 STUDENTS = 0 SALES’ is closed to new replies.