3.7 to 3.9 upgrade plan

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting 3.7 to 3.9 upgrade plan

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    ART-Providers
    Participant
    Hi I have version 3.7 and have made plenty of customisation to the version on a child theme. what would be the best way to upgrade without messing up. Are there specific files we could update  to come up to 3.9? Regards
    logan
    we do not do any update in child theme. as name suggest it is a blank theme with no codes. if it is blank why would we update this ?? :P update the parent theme. your customization in wplms blank child theme would remain untouched and effective. refer: https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/manually-updating-wplms/ after update check all plugins are active and save permalinks from wp-admin >> settings >> permalinks.
    ART-Providers
    Participant
    Superb. Thanks for the confirmation. I went through the update and checked LMS Statistics tab. It does not show the Commissions tab still which I was hoping was because I don't have the latest version. Can you let me know how to enable the report? Regards  
    logan
    do your users have commission received?? if do so and it is not showing there then please share the admin url and credentials in a private reply with proper screenshots. i will have a look there.
    ART-Providers
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    logan
    Hello, please follow this tip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Crjpf3BabYQ another one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEajjLIEzao it will work trust me.
    ART-Providers
    Participant
    Thanks. I had the default commission to 0 and individual commissions set. I have now put in a value and made multiple purchases since. The commissions tab is still blank as the screenshot send earlier. You may login to admin and test. Please help
    logan
    This reply has been marked as private.
    ART-Providers
    Participant
    The site version upgrade seems to have brought our site down apparently due to plugins. All plugins were updated. The debug log shows: thrown in /home/artproviders/public_html/wp-content/themes/wplmsblankchildhtheme/functions.php on line 538 [19-Feb-2020 16:54:03 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Class 'bp_course_filters' not found in /home/artproviders/public_html/wp-content/themes/wplmsblankchildhtheme/functions.php:538 Stack trace: #0 /home/artproviders/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): art_remove_course_filter_ajax('') #1 /home/artproviders/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters('', Array) #2 /home/artproviders/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(453): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #3 /home/artproviders/public_html/wp-settings.php(434): do_action('after_setup_the...') #4 /home/artproviders/public_html/wp-config.php(90): require_once('/home/artprovid...') #5 /home/artproviders/public_html/wp-load.php(37): require_once('/home/artprovid...') #6 /home/artproviders/public_html/wp-blog-header.php(13): require_once('/home/artprovid...') #7 /home/artproviders/public_html/index.php(17): require('/home/artprovid...') #8 {main}  
    ART-Providers
    Participant
    I think this upgrade was a major one and some of your functions have moved thus the child theme isn't finding some classes where expected. We have made a temporary change to functions.php and the admin dashboard is back. You can have access to Admin dashboard now. The error seems to be so far from header_sleek.php and functions.php  
    ART-Providers
    Participant
    Activated the actual theme rather than child theme. The page is still broken https://www.art-providers.com/ pass - art1518 You have our admin login. Please check and help urgently
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    No we have not removed any classes from wplms or any of its plugins. you can go and check class exists in vibe course module plugin . You can put a check before using any class :   if(class_exists('bp_course_filters')){ //your code here  }
    ART-Providers
    Participant
    We were barely able to restore but trying to switch to the parent theme crashes the system again. The fatal error is: [20-Feb-2020 21:21:14 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Class 'bp_course_filters' not found in /home/artproviders/public_html/wp-content/themes/wplmsblankchildhtheme/functions.php:820 Stack trace: #0 /home/artproviders/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): art_remove_course_filter_ajax('') #1 /home/artproviders/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array) #2 /home/artproviders/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(453): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #3 /home/artproviders/public_html/wp-settings.php(434): do_action('after_setup_the...') #4 /home/artproviders/public_html/wp-config.php(90): require_once('/home/artprovid...') #5 /home/artproviders/public_html/wp-load.php(37): require_once('/home/artprovid...') #6 /home/artproviders/public_html/wp-blog-header.php(13): require_once('/home/artprovid...') #7 /home/artproviders/public_html/index.php(17): require('/home/artprovid...') #8 {main} thrown in /home/artproviders/public_html/wp-content/themes/wplmsblankchildhtheme/functions.php on line 820 The child theme zip file can be found at https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yQz02P7HwIBp_9Nfy37o0PpRyCDKE0aA/view?usp=sharing Please could you assist so this issue can be resolved as this upgrade has really messed our system. Regards  
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
        This is a customization job not a theme support but still we would hep you out with it . add this check : http://prntscr.com/r5jmdt
    ART-Providers
    Participant
    Thanks Alex Upgrading to latest Wordpress and then starting over with wplms update helped after a server reboot. Did not need to add if exists. However, the problem is not in child theme now but the base theme itself. The debug log now displayed the error below. Could you help [21-Feb-2020 12:25:01 UTC] Here [21-Feb-2020 12:25:01 UTC] Here1.1 [21-Feb-2020 12:25:01 UTC] Here1.2 [21-Feb-2020 12:25:01 UTC] WordPress database error You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 7 for query SELECT posts.ID as id,meta.meta_value as status FROM wp_posts AS posts LEFT JOIN wp_usermeta AS meta ON CONCAT('course_status','',posts.ID) = meta.meta_key WHERE   posts.post_type   = 'course' AND   posts.post_status   = 'publish' AND   meta.user_id   = 50 LIMIT 0, made by require('wp-blog-header.php'), require_once('wp-includes/template-loader.php'), do_action('template_redirect'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, bp_template_redirect, do_action('bp_template_redirect'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, bp_screens, do_action('bp_screens'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, wplms_dashboard_template, bp_core_load_template, load_template, require_once('/themes/wplms/members/single/dashboard.php'), dynamic_sidebar, WP_Widget->display_callback, wplms_course_progress->widget [21-Feb-2020 12:25:01 UTC] Here1.3 Regards  
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘3.7 to 3.9 upgrade plan’ is closed to new replies.