Activation Emails are from "WordPress"

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues Activation Emails are from "WordPress"

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    YarosIK
    Spectator
    Hello Vibes Great theme thanks ! I am trying to get my activation and "lost password" email in order. 1)Account activation emails and lost password are coming from "WordPress" how can i change that? see Screenshots below. 2)Also all the activation email are directly going into spam, i know this is not theme related but do you guys have any advice on how to fix this ? thank you in advance Yaros
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    1. Please make sure that you have provided from name and emails in your wp-admin -> lms -> settings -> email . Also make sure that you have provided your site mail in  wp-admin -> settings -> general . If from name and email are provided in both of the above places then please try adding the given code in your wplms-customizer.php file at the end before " ?> "  in wplms customizer plugin : add_filter('wp_mail_from', 'new_mail_from'); add_filter('wp_mail_from_name', 'new_mail_from_name');   function new_mail_from($old) { return '[email protected]'; } function new_mail_from_name($old) { return 'Alex';   } Change the Alex and [email protected] in above to code toyour email and name . 2. As the activation emails are sent by buddypress therefore please refer this link : https://buddypress.org/support/topic/activation-email-goes-to-users-spam-folder/
    YarosIK
    Spectator
    Hello Alex, the code you provided worker fine thank you very much ! I still have one more problem with the template, it keeps displaying {{name}} without actually putting the name of the user (see, screenshot). All the fields in the profile of the user are filled in correctly - site : www.dev.classpro.be thank you in advance Yaros  
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    This is because here you should have written username not name, refer: http://prntscr.com/bahiu8
    YarosIK
    Spectator
    Hello Latiyan, the problem stays the same even if i use {{username}}, see screenshot
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    this seems to be an issue as of now in wplms . We will be fixing this in the next update of wplms . The same {{name}}  will work in the html email template but in forget password mail content you {{username}} will work not {{name}} . thanks for reporting this issue . If you want quick fix then please share your site admin credentials and site url in a private reply .
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    This issue has been resolved in the latest update of wplms 2.1, so please update the wplms theme and all its plugins to latest version i.e. 2.1 and then check.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Activation Emails are from "WordPress"’ is closed to new replies.