Activation link stopped working when updated WPLMS

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Setup issues Activation link stopped working when updated WPLMS

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    jono100
    Spectator
    Hi, When you register an account in wordpress it sends you an email with an activation link, however the link does not work. Instead it takes you to a page asking you to enter an activation code. Before the update, when I clicked the activation link it would automatically activate the account + login + redirect you to the welcome page ("Redirect Page on User Activation" in WPLMS > buddypress settings) 1.) How can I fix the activation link so works like it did before, activates + logins + redirects when you click the link?   I would like to add the activation key + URL to the activation email as a backup 2.) Is there a short code for the activation key that I can use in the activation email?   NOTE: I would like my users to activate using the 1 click activation link because this is easier than typing an activation key.   Cheers
    jono100
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well activation module is purely buddypress module and there is no wplms code related to this . In your site this function " wp_create_user " which is a wordpress core function is not able to create user upon activation . This should be a third party plugin . Can you please try deactivating all your third party plugins in your at once and check this issue again ?
    jono100
    Spectator
    I deactivated the plugins but it did not seem to help. It looks like it could be a conflict with wordpress core update.   I restored a backup of the wordpress file + database from before I updated WPLMS, then I updated WPLMS and the plugins after which the activation link was working.     However when I Updated wordpress from 4.7.3 to 4.7.5 the activation link stopped working. I then downgraded wordpress back to 4.7.3 however the activation link still did not work.   The only way I could get the activation link to work Is to restore a backup of wordpress 4.7.3 then update WPLMS + plugins which is what I did.   So it does not seem to work with wordpress 4.7.5 update.   I've got it working with worpdress 4.73 and as long as I do not update wordpress it works fine. But I will need to update wordpress for security reasons in the near future: 1.) Is there any way do get it working with wordpress update?   Cheers.    
    Hi, As Alex said earlier tooo, Activation module is purely a Buddypress module and there is no wplms code related to this in any way. In your site this function " wp_create_user " which is a wordpress core function is not able to create user upon activation . Please contact wordpress support for this.
    cchayer
    Spectator
      Hi, we are getting email with a link that is not clickable, How's that? Users keepsto be in pending status because we they are not able to click link   Please help  
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    can you please check this on some other mail system like gmail or something ? USer can still activate their account by copying the link from email : http://prntscr.com/fmuht9
    gsikorsky
    Spectator
    Activation link not working. Only form with information to input activation id. How make this link activation id to work, and no manually copy activation id from url. How to insert activation id to email message? in default i see only {{{activate.url}}} but how insert activation id here? ver wplms 4.8.5 (not modern) wplms/registration/activate.php
    Ava
    Well actually that automatic activation is now removed by the buddypress plugin itself not by wplms theme . Now the user is required to click on the Activate button with activation code pre-filled . If this key is not coming to be pre filled in your site then please share your site url and admin credentials in private reply . PS : latest theme version is 3.8.5 .
    deoalade
    Participant
    maximus
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Activation link stopped working when updated WPLMS’ is closed to new replies.