Add "and" condition between batch and level

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Setup issues Add "and" condition between batch and level

Tagged: ,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    abanghendri
    Spectator
    Hi, I use wplms batches and pmpro to restrict course and i’ve check the option “Students in Batch can only view courses connected to this batch” but the course still visible to other users. my case is Lets say I have 8 users, 2 batches, 6 courses, and 3 levels each batche has 4 users and 3 courses each courses has 1 level. so how do I separate my courses based on condition “batch & level” because in user’s course page I can see courses as sum of batches+level. so in my case, it should show 1 course because it seperated by batch & level but it show 4 courses (1 on his batches, and other is on other batches but same level) so how the good configuration for this case?
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    Thank you for sharing the details. I have a question : How do we identify the "level" of the user ? Also, what is the criteria which level course is shown first ? Does your use case guarantee that each batch has 3 courses of different level and there is no overlap there. If so then we can add a restriction. this is solvable if we hard code some values like the order of levels.
    abanghendri
    Spectator
    <p style="text-align: left;">Well, this is the example</p> Levels : staff, officer, Manager, Director ( I don't really sure about change in the future of my client's organization policies) Batches/departments
    1. IT division
    2. HR Division
    3. L&D
    4. Tax and Accounting
    5. And so on
    And I have courses
    1. Course A (could be accessed by employee no matter what their levels and department), so it should globally visible
    2. Course B could  be Accessed By Department No. 1 & 2 with level Manager, so only manager in batch 1 & 2 could see and access this course
    3. Course C could be accessed by Department No. 1 for all levels,
    4. Course D could just be accessed by department no. 4 and level officer
    Hope you understand my messy explanation 😁  
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    ok, is this a limited set ? the actual code for restricting is small but the combinations of level and batch and then building the settings can become confusion. Did you try creating multiple batches ? Like a different batch for "level" and a different batch for "Departments" ? It should work as hiding courses are merging course visibility.
    abanghendri
    Spectator
    The case does litle bit confuse me Should I make 3 differen batch for manager? For instance:
    1. Batch for Manajer's course in all departments
    2. Batch for Manajer's in IT departments or each departments
    3. Batch for departments wich include manager in there.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well I think the logic to create your batches should be  one batch per level access with courses in them that are meant for the users with levels . You have to group the courses by access and levels to the respective departments .
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Add "and" condition between batch and level’ is closed to new replies.