add checkbox fields in base registration form

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Setup issues add checkbox fields in base registration form

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    fissaadmin
    Spectator
    I added a simple checkbox to check in the base registration form. but after validate the form it is not recorded in table bp_xprofile_data we added bp registration plugin and buddypress xprofile custom fields plugin any idea ?
    fissaadmin
    Spectator
    i found problem was xprofil custom fields cause error !
    fissaadmin
    Spectator
    in fact in registration form i add some specific fields but after submission it is posted as a unique field what is really really strange
    fissaadmin
    Spectator
    So finally the problem is after validate the form the $_POST return all in one array that is not normal
    fissaadmin
    Spectator
    please w really need help here, as we do not use the defautl buddypress registration form the theme must cause a bug i create a form https://www.iefsante.eu/inscription-en-tant-quetudiant/ but we could not retrieve the picture in the post, but in edit it works and in the restgration it is not the same behaviour
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well we do not know why you are using "  buddypress xprofile custom fields plugin " for checboxes as checkboxes are already available in native buddypress . Please try native checkbox field of buddypress .
    fissaadmin
    Spectator
    Hello, no i using for add picture to profile it exists 2 plugin Xprofile custom fields Xprofile custom image first is not working at all and make checkbox not working and developer told me it is cause wplms not a standard buddypress registration second is working but picture is not retrieved well.... and it is a big problem https://www.iefsante.eu/inscription-en-tant-quetudiant/ if you make a test i wrote a print in the code to see the form values and you see all are stringified and $_FILES is empty could you check it please it is our biggest bug we can not put in production due to this bug !
    fissaadmin
    Spectator
    So after lot of configurations https://www.iefsante.eu/register/ il working well (basic buddypress registration form) but with wplms shortcode it doe'snt work at all ! here : https://www.iefsante.eu/inscription-en-tant-quetudiant/
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well the add profile picture field is actually not available with custom registration forms right now . That is totally custom form of wplms and not all plugins will work to add that field . In such a case you will need to use the basic registration form of buddypress itself for which these plugins are made not for our custom registration forms .
    fissaadmin
    Spectator
    you can not make it work ? because in several cases we need to see specifics fields to validate some users ! it is really annoying to not permit xprofile plugin to work with your theme
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    We can make it work as its another plugin's code and we cannot control it .Integrating it with wplms custom registration would definitely need code changed in that plugin as well.   However we can make our own such field for custom registration forms but currently we are busy with wplms update 4.0 (a complete transformation of wplms using reactjs and apis .).    
    fissaadmin
    Spectator
    this update will work on current installations ? in the next future it will be great to add custom fields type !
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    YEs we already added some couple of fields like birthdate etc in wplms 4.0 . YEs the wplms 4.0 will work on existing installations . Actually it will be a totally different theme with wplms as a plugin which will work in conjunction with another plugin called vibebp .
    fissaadmin
    Spectator
    do you know when it will be released because i want to implement it for a new site thank you!
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well it might take some time min two weeks ,We have planned a release date but could not say anything as things are uncertain due to coronavirus pandemic here in India .
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘add checkbox fields in base registration form’ is closed to new replies.