Add Custom Field to Groups (Batched Groups)

Home Forums WPLMS AddOns WPLMS Batches Add Custom Field to Groups (Batched Groups)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    jgavilan
    Spectator
    Is there a way to add a custom field to Groups. I tried to do it using Custom Fields plugin. As you probably know that plugin needs to know when to show the custom field. In order to set up the field I have to decide to "Show this field group if..." "... equal to..." I mean I have to tell the plugin what kind of page, post, post type, page type, post category, etc... but I do not know what kind of those are the GROUPS. I know that courses are a POST TYPE so, if I want to add a custom field to Courses then I can tell the Custom fields plugin to show the custom field if "Post type" "equal to" "Course". So my question would be, what kind of page, post, post type, page type, post category, etc... are GROUPS? Thanks in advance,
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Groups are the buddypress groups and they are not stored as a post, the buddypress stores the group in a separate table in the database i.e. wp_bp_groups.
    jgavilan
    Spectator
    Ok, I see. I had to ask, it would be great for us if we could add a custom field to buddypress groups. By any chance do you know any plugin that would do it? Regards,
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    I won't recommend to add custom field in it. It would be better if you add the value in the group meta field and then proceed as per your requirements.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    However if you want to add custom fields then you can try third party plugins for the buddypress such as: https://wordpress.org/plugins/buddypress-groups-extras/
    jgavilan
    Spectator
    Ok, I'll follow your advise. Thanks Mr. Latiyan.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Add Custom Field to Groups (Batched Groups)’ is closed to new replies.