add links to member menu

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting add links to member menu

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    chinolz
    Spectator
    how do i add extra items to member menu?
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Please clarify what you mean by member menu ?  
    chinolz
    Spectator
    where you can see user dashboard, profile, courses etc.. path /members/username/
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well please check if you have enabled buddypress components from wp-admin -> settings -> buddypress  and installed and activated all wplms or vibe plugins or not ?
    chinolz
    Spectator
    yes i want custom extra ...
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    This is the buddypress menu and you'll have to use the buddypress function to add new item there. You can use bp_core_new_nav_item() function to add the new menu item. Use the bp_setup_nav hook to add the item. For example: add_action('bp_setup_nav','my_custom_menu_item'); function my_custom_menu_item(){   $slug = 'custom';   bp_core_new_nav_item( array(                'name' => __('My custom', 'vibe' ),                'slug' => $slug ,                'position' => 99,               'screen_function' => '',                'default_subnav_slug' => '',               'show_for_displayed_user' => bp_is_my_profile(),               'default_subnav_slug'=> ''           ) ); }   For more information on bp_core_new_nav_item() function, refer: https://codex.buddypress.org/developer/function-examples/core/bp_core_new_nav_item/
    chinolz
    Spectator
    thx
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Thanks, so marking the topic as resolved and closing the topic.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘add links to member menu’ is closed to new replies.