Add section to Course Category Template

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Add section to Course Category Template

Tagged: 

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    nursesed.net
    Participant
    Hi, I'd like to add a section to the course category template. Is that possible with Visual Composer, or css? Thank you!
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi, What type of section you want to add, please share more details on this.
    nursesed.net
    Participant
    Yes, of course. We organize our offline classes into Programs. Every program has certain benefits, that are not immediately obvious to the user. I have a landing page for each of those programs, and was wondering if I need to have those landing pages, or can use the category pages instead. To use category pages instead of landing pages, I'll need to to add more design elements, that visual composer can provide. Like icons with descriptions, boxes etc. I don't know which option is more SEO friendly a category page vs landing page. Any ideas on this?
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi, You can skip the course category page and rather only show the landing pages you created for the category. If you want I can provide you a code for redirecting to the landing page from the category page using htaccess.
    nursesed.net
    Participant
    Hi, thank you for suggesting that option. Would this code apply to all categories? Or can I select the categories? I need it only for several categories. Please send me the code. Thank you!
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi, Please clarify if you want different categories to go to different pages or the same page for all the categories. Then I'll share the code with you.
    nursesed.net
    Participant
    Hi, I need only 3 categories to go to specific  landing pages: American Heart Association Program, Critical Care Program, and Maternal Program. The rest of the categories should stay as they are. Let me know if you need more info.
    nursesed.net
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi, Below is the htaccess rule which you can add at the end of your .htaccess file: Redirect 301 "/old-page.html" "/new-page.html" The above code is only if you want to redirect users to a page on the same website. Here "old-page.html" is the slug after the domain (the page from where the redirection will happen) and "new-page.html" is the slug after the domain (the page where the user will be redirected to). If you want to redirect users to a different domain or sub-site then use the below rule: Redirect 301 "/old-page.html" "http://www.new.com/new-page.html"
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    You'll have you add this for your 3 categories.  
    nursesed.net
    Participant
    Thank you! It looks like a 301 redirect. Is that all? Would that also classify the new page as a category? I understand that has weight for SEO.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi, Yes, 301 redirect is for SEO purpose. you just need to add that code and it will work fine.
    nursesed.net
    Participant
    Thank you!
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Add section to Course Category Template’ is closed to new replies.