add star rating and comments to courses

Home Forums Chit Chat WPLMS customizations add star rating and comments to courses

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    RMA
    Spectator
    Hi, How do we enable students to rate courses by star rating and post comments on the course in their accounts. We want only students who subscribed for courses to be able to do this, not anyone accessing the site. thanks
    Vincent Meyer
    Spectator
    I have the same issue, thanks for your help ! Students, and I, can't just even rate or comment courses ...
    RMA
    Spectator
    Can we get some answer to this post? Other posts rather address removing stars or reviews.. How about adding them back?
    Vincent Meyer
    Spectator
    Yes, it could be a good deal to have on option to activate or note the starts/review. And when it is activated, it works for sudents who followed and completed the course.
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    The Course Comments /Reviews is available for Students who are subscribed to the course. It is visible in the Start course page. If the course is set as Offline course, then the course review will be available to students on the course page itself.
    Vincent Meyer
    Spectator
    Students can not post any comments/reviews, even if they subscribed to the course in the start course page. Stars are not clickable too, if they migth be. Thanks for your help.
    RMA
    Spectator
    Vibe theme- can you please give a resolution to this issues. I believe it is a coding issues that the star reviews and comments are not functional. We got your reply on how subscribers are able to review. But the point is that it is not fictional to students.  We need more than a generic answer. Thanks RMA
    Vincent Meyer
    Spectator
    Hey Mr. Vibe, we are still waiting for your help ! I posted a screenshot to give you more details.
    RMA
    Spectator
    Thanks. Still a waiting. I get the same as Mr. Meyers shows in his screen shot. Please help. RMA
    You are looking in the wrong place guys. Try the following: Subscribe to a course >> Start the course In the unit page, right below the timeline you should see some buttons: Back to Course, Review Course and Finish Course. Just click on review course and voilá.
    Vincent Meyer
    Spectator
    Urdek : thanks for sharing your experience but the review course page is empty. I have no way to rate the course as you can see on the image linked to this message.
    Aryan
    Spectator
    You can add reviews/comments by clicking on 'Course Review' button on your right sidebar.
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    There are two issues here : a. UX issue : Allow users to rate a course directly from course page. b. Review added but not visible on front page.   For a. A user can currently review a course from the "start page", in the screenshot click on continue course and you'll see a review course button.  This particular feature is already added in 2.0 update when you turn a course to "offline" mode. For b. The recent issues seem to be coming after wp 4.4 update. The latest WP 4.4 update has added comment caching reference. While this happens in rare circumstances, we are working on this and it has been added in the issue log for now.  
    Vincent Meyer
    Spectator
    Hi, The issue is not solved for me. As you can see attached, when the course is ended, there is no way to rate the course. I show you the links in screenshot 0 to 1 and 2. How can I fix it ? An other point, I don't see any option about "offline course". Could you tell me where I could find that ?   Thanks for your help
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    With 2.0 you can allow your students to post course review directly fmor the course page.  
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • The topic ‘add star rating and comments to courses’ is closed to new replies.