Add students to course – live search doesn't work properly

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues Add students to course – live search doesn't work properly

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    andrew
    Spectator
    Hello, It seems that since the latest updates have been released the "add students" option from the admin side of the course has a live search feature that doesn't work properly .. it stucks and the username doesn't apear most of the times. Is there a way to disable the live search and to use it like before ? Or is there a fix for this ? Because the same thing happens also on your live demo : http://vibethemes.com/demo/wplms/course/course-prueba/admin/   Thank you !
    analema
    Spectator
    I'm having the same problem, please help. It was wrking fine before the update
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    It works better than previous versions. The loader image is broken when it is searching. A screenshot displaying the issue would help.  
    analema
    Spectator
    Hi Mr Vibe Sorry for not including the specifics:
    1. I go to dashboard>courses>manage courses>click on the icon manage students>click on the icon add students to course
    2. type the name, username of any student and it doesn't show any results, besides as you said, the image shows broken
    3. I have tried with chrome and firefox and same result
    All your help is appreciated as this is a real working site and the instructor is very frustrated :-S   Thank you very much!!  
    andrew
    Spectator
    The problem is that the username/email you are adding doesn't apear when you are typing it , also not the whole field is clickable, the "please enter 4 or more caracters.." text is always on top . You will see in this screencast that I'm trying to click the field input and it doesn't allow me from the beginning : http://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cDnn6ihLDU Also if I have a list with student emails that I want to add all at once , it's even harder .
    entrenese
    Spectator
    I think it is important to have a mechanism of mass enrollment , the search is useful when one or two users. I remain attentive to any solution ...
    analema
    Spectator
    HI Mr Vibe Is there an alternative way to add students to the course? one that I as admin can use to add students that doesn't require going via the professor dash board and the live search that doesn't not work after the update? Also, if ever, is there a way to roll back to the previous version where the live search and add students function was working? Sincere thanks  
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Unable to replicate this on our test setup . Please check js errors in your site: https://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Your_Browser_to_Diagnose_JavaScript_Errors and also make sure that wplms theme and all its plugins are updated to latest version . Please resave the permalinks after update . Also try deactivating third party plugins . If above does not helps please sahre admin credentials and site url to check the issue . PS : mark reply as private while sharing the issue .
    tricyclemag
    Participant
    FWIW, I'm seeing the same issue. If I go to the course page, click Admin > Add Students to Course, and type in a student email address, the page shows a broken icon and Searching... but no result. This is with the email address for a registration I created manually an hour ago (user account and course registration), so I'm sure the user exists and that the copy/pasted address is correct. I've tried two different browsers (Chrome, Firefox) and have resaved permalinks. Is there some other way to add a student to a course manually? (Apologies if this is answered in the docs somewhere; I wasn't able to find anything about it.)      
    entrenese
    Spectator
    wp-debug : true -- Notice: wp_enqueue_script was called incorrectly. Scripts and styles should not be registered or enqueued until the wp_enqueue_scripts, admin_enqueue_scripts, or login_enqueue_scripts hooks. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 3.3.) in /var/www/entrenese.com/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3792   Strict Standards: Declaration of BP_Profile_Cover::upload_dir_filter() should be compatible with BP_Attachment::upload_dir_filter($upload_dir = Array) in /var/www/entrenese.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bp-profile-cover/includes/class.attachment.php on line 17   Strict Standards: Declaration of BP_Group_Profile_Cover::upload_dir_filter() should be compatible with BP_Attachment::upload_dir_filter($upload_dir = Array) in /var/www/entrenese.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bp-profile-cover/includes/class.attachment.php on line 53   Notice: Undefined index: email_settings in /var/www/entrenese.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/vibe-course-module/includes/bp-course-mailer.php on line 30   Notice: Undefined index: email_settings in /var/www/entrenese.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/vibe-course-module/includes/bp-course-mailer.php on line 30   Notice: bbp_setup_current_user was called incorrectly. The current user is being initialized without using $wp->init(). Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 2.3.) in /var/www/entrenese.com/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3792   Notice: bp_setup_current_user was called incorrectly. El usuario actual se está iniciando sin usar $wp->init(). Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 1.7.) in /var/www/entrenese.com/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3792   Notice: is_author was called incorrectly. Conditional query tags do not work before the query is run. Before then, they always return false. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 3.1.) in /var/www/entrenese.com/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3792   Notice: ¡El llamado método constructor para WP_Widget es obsoleto desde la versión 4.3.0! Utiliza __construct() en su lugar. in /var/www/entrenese.com/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3624   Notice: Undefined index: Montserrat in /var/www/entrenese.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/wplms/includes/register.php on line 222   Notice: Undefined index: theme_skin in /var/www/entrenese.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/wplms/includes/init.php on line 203   Notice: bp_is_member ha quedado obsoleto desde la versión 1.5. Utiliza bp_is_user en su lugar. in /var/www/entrenese.com/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3573   Notice: Undefined index: add-to-cart in /var/www/entrenese.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-subscriptions/woocommerce-subscriptions.php on line 348 Notice: Undefined index: theme_style in /var/www/entrenese.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/wplms/includes/init.php on line 203   Notice: Undefined index: directory_layout in /var/www/entrenese.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/wplms/includes/init.php on line 203   Notice: Undefined index: group_layout in /var/www/entrenese.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/wplms/includes/init.php on line 203   Notice: Undefined index: profile_layout in /var/www/entrenese.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/wplms/includes/init.php on line 203   Notice: Undefined index: course_layout in /var/www/entrenese.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/wplms/includes/init.php on line 203   Notice: Undefined index: theme_skin in /var/www/entrenese.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/wplms/includes/init.php on line 126 class="home-page home page page-id-1427 page-template page-template-notitle page-template-notitle-php logged-in admin-bar no-customize-support pmpro-body-has-access wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-4.9 vc_responsive">   Foto del perfil de Profesor EPROFESOR ECURSOSSUSCRIBETE Entrenese paso a paso HOMECURSOSBLOGCONTÁCTO   Notice: Use of undefined constant has_ - assumed 'has_' in /var/www/entrenese.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/vibe-customtypes/metaboxes/library/vibe-editor.php on line 2200   Notice: Undefined index: instructor in /var/www/entrenese.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/vibe-shortcodes/shortcodes.php on line 1402   Notice: Undefined variable: course_key in /var/www/entrenese.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/vibe-customtypes/includes/featured.php on line 313   Notice: Undefined variable: course_key in /var/www/entrenese.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/vibe-customtypes/includes/featured.php on line 313   Notice: Undefined variable: course_key in /var/www/entrenese.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/vibe-customtypes/includes/featured.php on line 313   Notice: Undefined variable: course_key in /var/www/entrenese.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/vibe-customtypes/includes/featured.php on line 313   Notice: Undefined variable: course_key in /var/www/entrenese.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/vibe-customtypes/includes/featured.php on line 313   Notice: Undefined variable: course_key in /var/www/entrenese.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/vibe-customtypes/includes/featured.php on line 313   Notice: Undefined variable: course_key in /var/www/entrenese.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/vibe-customtypes/includes/featured.php on line 313
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Needed admin credentials and site url to check this at your end . PS : mark reply as private while sharing the credentials .
    entrenese
    Spectator
    Hi there, www.entrenese.com user: @dminegroup Pass: @9006672795 Additional tell you that when you use different header in the courses section with the modern theme does not work
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    @entrenese: I couldn't replicate the issue on your site. The course live search is working perfectly on your website, refer: http://prntscr.com/a1bw71
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Add students to course – live search doesn't work properly’ is closed to new replies.