Adding / embedding packages

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Adding / embedding packages

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    ianwitz
    Spectator
    Issue 1: When trying to add zip packages through the front end, as soon as I click to add package the screen jumps to the bottom of the browser window and only a part of the dialogue box is visible, making it impossible to add information or to use the window. Tried it with Google Chrome, MS Edge and Internet Explorer - same result. (see issue_001.png) Please advise. Issue 2: When adding packages via the backend the upload library dialogue box remains empty, even though the uploads installed properly. When accessing the folders via FTP, the folder structure shows up correctly. (see issue-002.png) Please advise.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    It seems like you are getting some js error on this page, to check js error refer: https://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Your_Browser_to_Diagnose_JavaScript_Errors So please make sure your theme and plugins are updated to the latest versions, also try deactivating the third party plugins. If the above doesn't help then please share the site url and the admin credentials with us to check the issue on your site.
    ianwitz
    Spectator
    Hi Latiyan. please assist. SITE LOGON INFO: http://www.learnbuzz.co.za/buzzlogin Username: buzzlightyear Password: T!QJ14@IH3Qc91I9ZL .JS ERROR IN GOOGLE CHROME: The specified value "H" is not a valid number. The value must match to the following regular expression: -?(\d+|\d+\.\d+|\.\d+)([eE][-+]?\d+)? .JS ERROR IN INTERNET EXPLORER: JQMIGRATE: Migrate is installed, version 1.4.1
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Unable to replicate that issue on your end when i tested .Tested in chrome check video in private reply :
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    I guess the scripts and styles were not getting load properly and then you have tried to click that add zip package button .Please let the page load completely and then check the issue again .
    ianwitz
    Spectator
    Hi Alex Thanks for your response. You are referring to my Issue 2. Unfortunately, your screencast does not show anything of consequence. The issue is that once uploaded, the uploaded package file does not reflect in the upload library of WPLMS. Could you do a test where you upload a package file, and then show me that you are able to view the newly uploaded package under the uploaded package tab? My issue 1 as described above is still unresolved.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    1. In video im already using front end editor in your site please check the video again . 2. Well the upload zip button is not provided to upload any zip files . It is for uploading articulate,scrom,captivate packages and embedding them in units . If you want to upload a zip file then use the same Add media button . check video in private reply .
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    ianwitz
    Spectator
    Hi Alex I understand all the steps above, and that the upload zip button is meant for Articulate and Captivate published, zipped files. I do not dispute that. The issue I have (as indicated before) is that, once uploaded, none of the uploaded packages is visible in the UPLOAD LIBRARY tab. I refer you to the following how-to tutorial posted by your company on YouTube: (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWgR-7CHAyk) , as well my attached pic showing the same issue. At 2:00 in the video the uploaded packages can be seen listed under the UPLOAD LIBRARY tab. On my deployed WPLMS site this UPLOAD LIBRARY tab remains empty, despite published zip files having been uploaded and installed properly. Please confirm that you understand what I am querying.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Ok i checked this at your end . This seems to be connected to the folder or file permissions . PLease check your folder and file permissions in your wp-content/uploads folder and all its subfolders . Folder permissions must be 755 and file permissions must be 644 .
    ianwitz
    Spectator
    Hi Alex I can confirm that the folder and file permissions are correct as per your suggestion. See attached as proof. Unfortunately the UPLOAD LIBRARY tab remains empty.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    I debug this issue today and found this to be a bug in Vibe shortcodes plugin .Adding to issue log will be fixed in the update of vibe shortcodes plugin . Thanks fro the patience with us and reporting this issue . I have fixed the issue already at your end .Please check.
    ianwitz
    Spectator
    Hi Alex The Upload Library now works - thanks for addressing that! The other issue I reported (Issue 1 above) is still there. When trying to add zip packages through the front end, as soon as I click to add package the screen jumps to the bottom of the browser window and only a part of the dialogue box is visible, making it impossible to add information or to use the window. Tried it with Google Chrome, MS Edge and Internet Explorer - same result. It could possibly be that changes in WP upgrade 4.5 has affected popups? https://wordpress.org/support/topic/jqmigrate-migrate-is-installed-version-140 I know the above link does not refer to your theme, but it could possibly be a similar issue? Please advise.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well i am not able to replicate the issue even at your end . Please check the videos above . Using latest version of Chrome browser on windows 7 .
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The topic ‘Adding / embedding packages’ is closed to new replies.