All Instructors Page – remove course number and other changes

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting All Instructors Page – remove course number and other changes

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    proxlearn
    Participant
    Hi, I want to create an instructor director page that is 4 or 5 across, that doesn't include the course number, that displays the Instructors Name and then their Professional Biography content (from the extended user profile field I created). Can you please provide HOW TOs on each of these items related to this? 1. Remove the course number listed on the Instructor profile card.
    1. Display 4 or 5 across instead of 3.

2. Have bands of instructors based on sub-affiliation, if possible: for example, I have multiple contributors from three different states but need to display them under a state header/banner

3. Remove myself (as key master and admin) from the list; note, I've already tried adding this code to the CSS in Appearance > Customize CSS field:  <span style="line-height: 1.5;">add_filter('wplms_show_admin_in_instructors','custom_wplms_remove_admin_in_instructors');</span>

function custom_wplms_remove_admin_in_instructors(){ return 0; } THANK YOU!

proxlearn
    Participant
    Alternatively --- Is there a way to create a simple directory page with profile images and whatever extended profile fields have been complete for a group of users added to the system with a specific setting, like "editor".    
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    all of these are possible except the state band thing . And to do that you would need a child theme for this . Please install blankchildtheme is you are not suing any child theme already . then please just upload the customallinstructors.php file given in attached "customallinstructors.zip " file  in your child theme folder  . and then create a page and select its template to be " Custom All instructors" . To show the Bio profile  field  please just add the name of your Bio profile field in your wp-admin -> wplms -> Buddypress -> Instructor Description Field . Note that field name that you add will be case sensitive . refer : http://prntscr.com/bkhl1g to remove admin : Please note here that it is mentioned in the tip that you have to add the code in your wplms-customizer.php file in wplms customizer plugin :

add_filter('wplms_show_admin_in_instructors','custom_wplms_remove_admin_in_instructors');

function custom_wplms_remove_admin_in_instructors(){

return 0;

}

proxlearn
    Participant
    Hi Alex, Thanks so much for your help. OK - first off, a stupid question.  How does one know what theme one is using already?  I installed wplms, I did not install the quick setup data, I installed demo 1 data. I have already begun to customize my content.  What will happen if I upload the new theme? I don't see any annotation anywhere that indicates which "theme" I'm actually using, other than in the Customizer under Theme which refers to the layout, not the WPLMS theme, I trust. And, is there some way to return to this online support system and see my tickets and responses?  The old support site had this feature.  Am I missing this somewhere?  Without access to email, I cannot quickly return to this system to know the status on this request.  Or, to mark these requests as closed. Much appreciated, Margaret P.S. How many other folks are supporting this system?  It seems 90% of my responses are from you. Which is great. But boy...I'm curious if WPLMS is hiring enough of a team to respond.  It looks like a good number of issues have not been marked as resolved and one of my issues raised prior was never attended to.  
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    1) To know which theme you are using please go to wp-admin->appearance->themes, here you can see all the themes present in your website and the theme that you are using will be marked as active. 2) We sends an email to the user whenever a reply is made on the topic. Also if you want to see all your topics as replies then click on your name, refer: http://prntscr.com/bm2u1z and you will be redirected to this link: https://wplms.io/support/forums/users/proxlearn/. Here you can see all your topics and replies. 3) We have a very small team of 4 members here and we try our best to help people.  
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘All Instructors Page – remove course number and other changes’ is closed to new replies.