Announcement Widget

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Announcement Widget

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    SuperDave
    Spectator
    We cannot test this widget unless we go live which is a real issue as we have 1000s of users. The old WPLMS if we allowed announcement widget to send a message via email to all the students on a course we had a real issue as the email sent would have every students email shown in the to email field which is a disaster. We had huge complaints and never used again. In the new version (we cannot test) if we make an announcement and an email is sent does the "To" part of the email message have all the course user emails shown or because of GDPR does it put all the email addresses in the bcc field. Please confirm what it des all user emails in "To" part of email or the "Bcc" part of the email.
    Diana
    Participant
    We had this issue, but this is resolved now:https://trello.com/c/Zmo8Ztqr/2473-bug-announcements-dashboard-and-notifications-issues I am confused here, you mean the email you are sending to selected users, but the email is received by all the site users?
    SuperDave
    Spectator
    I get it its difficult to explain. What I mean is in the past when you make an announcement we know that inside the system everyone gets the announcement. But you can set things so that system announcments also generate a website email to all those sent into the system announcement. The thing is when we tried this widget in the old system the website email sent was not sent "bcc" but "to" which meant the message sent had alllll the user email addresses visible in the send. This is a GDPR breach and a system security breach. Does this still happen in the new WPLMS as we cant test this. Please confirm.
    Diana
    Participant
    Yes, this is still there, you can check any other plugin in the meantime which will send announcements to your users without this data breach
    SuperDave
    Spectator
    So if the announcement widget breaches GDPR when will this be fixed. Has to be fixed and do not know how we can use announcements without email capability which cannot be used as it shows allll the email addresses sent "To". I would have thought this is important for you to fix. I realise we are not the only people sending messages and your rushed but this chat can be closed quicker if you think about my point and my likely reply. If you think about my likely reply you could have perhaps given a more elaborate reply above and get this bug closed quicker. Please confirm what WPLMS can do as this seems a simple change to the code base sending announcement emails "Bcc" and not "To". GDPR is very very important if you interested in being an enterprise provider in Europe. Please take this advice on board seriously.
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    Checking this.
    SuperDave
    Spectator
    Ok whats the result. I think its "To" as it always has been. Please confirm and what you are going to do about it
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    The code is correct, we're not sending emails in buddypress in bulk. We're running a loop and sending buddypress email one by one. We need to debug buddypress on how it is handling the emails issue and maybe submit a patch to buddypress to fix this.
    SuperDave
    Spectator
    Glade you have seen this. Yes, it sent emails one by one correct. But the "To" having all the emails in the system is terrible. What's the ETA for this FIX so I can diary.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.