Are you sure WPLMS still supports WPLM multi-language plugin?

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Setup issues Are you sure WPLMS still supports WPLM multi-language plugin?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Oscar
    Spectator
    Hi, WPLM multi-language plugin is just pain in the a** to use, it has so many bugs and quite recently broke my site once I tried to sync Menu items in order to translate them. Got site back by disabling WPLM, but still need multi-language support... Do you have any feedback regarding this? Maybe WPLMS-WPLM integration plugin needs some updates?
    Mark Morgan
    Spectator
    Well its most popular multilanguage plugin for wordpress sites till now. We added support for this plugin in theme in many area based on many of our customers requests . We have not put support for any other multilanguage  plugin to that much extent so far . I do agree its difficult to setup and sometimes issues may arise but their support is quite good and they should resolve your issues .   So summary is we have not tried to put support for any other multilanguage  plugin as of now .although we are using the same coding standards recommended by buddypress and wordpress .
    Oscar
    Spectator
    Their support says that WPLMS theme is not officially compatible with WPML. Is there any effort being put into getting official compatibility with WPML? Otherwise this theme is almost non-usable for multi-language costumers like me, I have spent over a month fighting with bugs and doing numerous backup rewinds to no end. https://wpml.org/forums/topic/menu-sync-just-broke-my-site/
    Mark Morgan
    Spectator
    Officially supporting WPML is not possible for us because they do not allow us to install custom plugins on their servers. WPLMS runs on custom plugins so their official statement will always be no. We have several users using WPML plugin but note that wpml is a resource intensive plugin and it will consume a lot of resources If you simply install the query monitor plugin in your wordpress seutp and you'll see ordinary queries get added by WPML tables causing slowness and resource consumption. The only way out is to increase PHP memory and Server ram for mysql. If you're facing a lot of issues with WPML, my recommendation would be try using Multisite which creates a dedicated instance for each language and shares the same database of users. Check our demo : https://wplms.io/demos/multisite/
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Are you sure WPLMS still supports WPLM multi-language plugin?’ is closed to new replies.