assignments – double text and strange bar showing up – need help to fix

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting assignments – double text and strange bar showing up – need help to fix

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    rbarnette_237
    Participant
    Hi, I don't know what the problem is, but my assignments are working properly. I just want the user to be able to answer a question, submit their text.  (Not upload a file.) But this is what they see when they are presented with the screen. https://prnt.sc/q2lj4y This strange start assignment button and double-text. Can you please go in and fix this for me?  I'll send login credential in another followup. BTW - it's happening with both assignments. And, how does the "count the marks in the course evaluation" work?   Thanks! MK
    rbarnette_237
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    rbarnette_237
    Participant
    logan
    Hello, I did not understand what I double text?? please use demarcation: http://prntscr.com/q2sjsh nothing duplicated.
    how does this work?? (quiz user marks / quiz total marks) + (assignment user marks/ assignment total marks).
    rbarnette_237
    Participant
    Hi Logan, You'll see here in this screenshot.  https://prnt.sc/q2z8p0 The content above the START ASSIGNMENT button duplicates what is at the top. That's some kind of bug I can't figure out. Also, when a user/tester ran through the course and completed the assignment, they still got a message that they need to complete the assignment even though they had.  So, when someone does the activity, it's not registering. How do I set this up so:
    1. There's no duplicate of text.

2. The user enters their response in the text box.

3. Completion of this activity satisfies completing the course?

There are two assignments that need to function like this in this course. And, I'm likely to develop another course like it. Thanks so much!!   Margaret  

logan
    rbarnette_237
    Participant
    Hi, Thanks Logan.  I'm not sure why it wasn't but now it is working with respect to not duplicating that top sentence. I'm having another issue though - related to assignments.  See here these screenshots - for the 2nd course, if someone completes all the assignments and the unit is marked as completed and then the user clicks FINISH, they're getting a prompt to complete something still.  How do I avoid this post-finish response?  What setting needs to be fixed? What did I miss? I need this fixed ASAP. Thanks for the help. Credentials are the same.  Course #2. https://prnt.sc/q4dswv https://prnt.sc/q4dt6a
    logan
    rbarnette_237
    Participant
    rbarnette_237
    Participant
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
      Assignments cannot be auto evaluated in wplms as of now .   To bypass the assignment evaluation check please try adding this given code in your wplms-customizer.php file in wplms customizer plugin : add_filter('wplms_finish_course_check',function($flag){   if(get_post_type($flag) == 'wplms-assignment'){     $flag = 0;   }   return $flag; });
    rbarnette_237
    Participant
    Thanks Alex.  We'll give it a whirl right now. Why did you guys take this feature away, per the prior ticket raised and the advice provided? If this doesn't work, what's another way we could achieve this affect of having students complete an assignment of answering questions by entering text?  I see the quiz question for this, the challenge there is that I don't want to refer to this process as a QUIZ.  It's not a quiz, it's an exercise.  I could go forward with that alternative approach but only if I can customize the language in the course window so it does say:  START QUIZ.  Can I customize those things something? Thanks for all the help!  You guys continually rock it!   MK
    logan
    Hello, to translate the wordings please use loco translate, you can set start quiz into whatever you want.
    yes, it will work. assignment cant be auto evaluated, suppose student writes a paragraph with 1500 words, or uploaded a pdf file. how did you check this?? the machine won't understand its language. you cant set a particular pattern to match with the given answers. everybody has their unique style and limited set of words. how can a machine will identify these human behaviors?? that's the reason the instructor has to complete the evaluation process for assignment.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘assignments – double text and strange bar showing up – need help to fix’ is closed to new replies.