Assignments Not Working – Safari Browser Compatibility

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues Assignments Not Working – Safari Browser Compatibility

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Clayton
    Spectator
    Hi Team, Thanks for your continued support. I have updated all plugins and have the latest versions of the theme and child theme. However, the Assignments part doesn't seem to work as it should in Safari Browser. What I mean is, I'm not getting a "Start Course" page as I'm getting in the Chrome Browser. Another issue that I'm facing is with the layout of the assignment strip. The strip doesn't look very neat, with the link to the assignment being in a smaller font than the word "Assignment" and the rest of the strip. Also, the number of days isn't showing. Please refer the attachment. (I've selected 1 day in the backend)
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    Thank you for the screenshot, it really helps in understanding the issue. a. Start course page appears when the user clicks on "Start Course", "Continue Course", so please help me in understanding this issue. b. Yes, this fix is already added in the update. Let me know if you need a quick fix for this. For the assignment duration : Is the assignment duration set to 1 day ?  
    Clayton
    Spectator
    • Sorry I meant "Start Assignment" not "Start Course". In the Safari browser, there is no Start Assignment when we click on the assignment link in a unit.
    • Yes, the duration is set to 1 day. And, yes, I need a quick fix for this since I'm creating this site for a client :).
    Also, could you make the assignment link in the unit more structured and pretty?
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    1. Make sure comments is enabled for the assignment. Edit the assignment in WP Admin area and locate the discussion metabox and make sure comments is enabled. Also note that if the assignment is connected to a course (for evaluation) the start course button is only visible to students of the course.
    2. Fix for design : Add this css code in Customizer - Custom CSS : h3.assignment_heading{clear:both;padding:10px 0;font-size:16px;display:inline-block;width:100%}h3.assignment_heading.heading>strong{display:inline-block;font-size:12px}h3.assignment_heading.heading>strong>span{float:left;margin-left:10px}
    3. The 1 Day is displayed as Day, this fix would be available in the update.
    Clayton
    Spectator
    Hi Mr. Vibe, The comments is enabled on the assignments page. Please note that I can see the start assignment button in Chrome but not in Safari. This is a browser related bug and needs to be fixed. <b>In Safari, the page that contains Start Assignment is altogether skipped and it directly jumps to the Assignment. </b>Please watch this screencast: <span style="line-height: 1.5;">http://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/coX2IUhDZu</span> <span style="line-height: 1.5;">Thanks for the CSS fix!</span>
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Please note that the "Start Assignment" button will show to students only and that will be only to those students who are subscribed to course connected to that assignment . To instructor of that course and admin it will began to show the form to submit assignment  . Can you please check this out? We checked the assignment in safari browser logged in as student and could not able to replicate the issue : http://prntscr.com/93ca0d
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Assignments Not Working – Safari Browser Compatibility’ is closed to new replies.