Auto evaluation strictness

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Auto evaluation strictness

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    pacworks
    Spectator
    Is there a way to change auto evaluation strictness? I have a lot of questions like this:
    List the six elements that occur in all living creatures and are absolutely necessary for life.
    With the correct answers being:
    Hydrogen, Carbon, Oxygen, Nitrogen, Phosphorus, Sulfur
    I'm using a small text type question and have inputted the correct answers like above. However, I have noticed that student answers have to be exactly as I have inputted them or they are marked incorrect. In many cases, the order isn't going to matter and a student may have entered a correct answer, but not exactly as I have inputted it. I can see this being a huge frustration for students taking our courses. Is there anything I can do to adjust this, or maybe a different method that may be better for my situation? I have a few suggestions for future updates that benefit a lot of people using WPLMS. Let me know if I should post these in a different thread or if these are already available and I am unaware.
    1. Allow admins or instructors to set keywords that must appear in text answers so students who may write an answer differently will not be marked incorrect as long as those keywords appear in their answer.
    2. An option to be less strict on spelling would be nice. Dealing with keyboard based input, it is common that a student may know how to spell, but accidentally inverse letters or something to the effect. Also it would be easier for students who may struggle with a condition such as dyslexia. If it could be made to where an answer is marked correct as long as 70% or 80% of the word is spelled correctly, that would be useful.
    3. Question types with multiple fill in the blank or multiple input boxes would be great. It would also be useful if an option could be changed for when answer order matters or doesn't matter (like my example above).
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    This cannot be implemented in auto evaluation as there are so many use cases for this and those cannot be implemented. The best way to deal with this is to use the manual evaluation, because then you can give marks accordingly. PS: The multiple fill in the blank is already in our planned feature and it will be available in our future updates.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Auto evaluation strictness’ is closed to new replies.