Back to course link

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues Back to course link

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Hi, In check quiz results the button "Back to course" link takes the student out of the course. How can I link it correctly to the curriculum inside the student's course so that the student can go on? http://prntscr.com/kqzhqz Another question: when student complete the course is it possible to remove "rate the course" and "leave a comment"? Thank you for your assistance
    Mark Morgan
    Spectator
    You have to connect the quiz with course. Go to edit course -> Set curriculum-> quiz -> Setting -> Connected course. Refer : http://prntscr.com/kr6bbo
    Hi Mark, yes I did it. http://prntscr.com/kr6wpx At the end of each chapter there is a quiz. In every quiz setting I have to insert the same related course, correct?
    One more thing: I used the same materials (texts and quizzes) in 3 courses with different names. Now I noticed that if in one course in quiz settings I indicate the ralated course, this one is changed also in the other courses. How can I copy the materials and use them into other courses?
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well right now you quiz re usability is not available in wplms . Only unit question re usability in different quizzes are available in wplms . You have to have unique quizzes for each course . To copy the whole quiz you use "post duplicator" third party plugin available on wordpress .   The issue might be related to this above thing plus the setting in wp-admin -> lms -> settings ->"Enable passing score for Quiz" . The user might not have scored enough marks in that quiz and is being redirected to it on course status page .
    IT’S URGENT!!!!!!!! Hi guys, please help me. I have to start courses, students are waiting. After finishing quiz I digit back to course and I go outside course. It’s impossible to proceed with course. The button “next unit” disappears.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    well all of that problem is appearing due to quiz passing score setting . You have enabled  quiz passing score from wp-admin -> lms -> settings . When you enable this setting it is recommended to enable " Previous Units/Quiz must be Complete before next unit/quiz access" to be enabled so that user cannot proceed further in course without passing the quiz which is whole purpose of enabling  "quiz passing score" setting from lms -> settings .   So quick solution right now for you  is to disable the " quiz passing score " from wp-admin ->> lms -> settings.

Hi Alex, thank you for your reply. I enabled prevous units must be completed. Students pass the exam, click back to course from check test results and it's impossible to go ahead. According to Italian Law student must pass 70% of each quiz in order to receive the certificate. I need quiz passing score. I insterted 70 (%) in course setting and in each quiz I gave the minimum mark to pass the exam for example: 5 questions, mark to pass  3. It's the procedure correct?  
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well if user has scored the passing marks in quiz then he should have access to the next unit . Also note here that you need to set one marks less than the expected passing marks due to a logic mistake happened when we created quiz passing score .

So you need to set "15" there  in the settings which will reflect as 16 as passing marks when system process marks of student .

The problem is that we cannot fix that logic now coz it will disturb the settings of existing users who have already set it .

also note that the quiz passing score setting expects exact marks not percentage to be filled in it . IF still after scoring the passing marks and still not able to access unit then please share the course url, name of quiz , if needed student credentials who is facing it .

Hi Alex, I did as you suggested: In couse setup now there is no pass percentage. In each quiz there is a passing score that I calculated -1 as you suggested (example: 5 questions, 70% is my percentage required to pass the exam, real passing score: 3,5 (= 70% of 5). I inserted passing score 2. But when I finish the quiz and I go back to course, next button disappears. I HAVE TO PUBLIC URGENTLY THE COURSE, PLEASE HELP ME P.S. The same issues is replicated in all my courses
    PLEASE GIVE ME SUPPORT STUDENTS ARE WAITING AND I AM LOOSING PATIENCE AND MONEY
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Hi I tested this .When I scored 2 marks in the quiz it advanced the course further and lead to the next unfinished quiz/unit . refer : https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cFQXIOqmnJ So I guess users just need to pass the quizzes . There is not necessary step to enable the " previous quiz/unit must be completed " setting .   Also the certification allocation does not counts passing marks for each quiz . It calculates as below : total marks user scored in all quizzes / total marks of all quizzes . So if user does not scores enough in one quiz and scores 100% in all other quizzes his tally will be greater than 70% depending upon the total marks of that quiz  .   In my sense system is working fine student just need to score enough marks to get the access .
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • The topic ‘Back to course link’ is closed to new replies.