Background color not working

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Styling issues Background color not working

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    rwetherby
    Participant
    I have set the variousbackground colors to #d8d5c9, but my body, content area, and header background colors remain white.  I am using the Minimal theme skin.  Is there something I can enter into Custom CSS to get the backgrounds to be the color I want?  Thank you.
    Go to wp-admin->appearance->customiser->add custom CSS-> add custom css there and click on save.  
    rwetherby
    Participant
    Hi, thanks- I know where to add the CSS, but I was wondering what the specific CSS I should add is to fix the header and body background color?  It only seems to be an issue since I have changed to the Minimal theme with the Demo 5 data.   Ever since I changed to minimal theme, there is also some previously entered custom CSS that is no longer working for me.  Would it be possible for you to instruct me on what CSS to enter to accomplish: 1. change header background color and body background color *2. hide star reviews on all courses page *3. hide star reviews on  single course page *4. disable breadcrumbs on entire site 5. On All courses page- how do I remove the "Become an Instructor" button from the title bar, and how do I change the color of the title bar? 6. In the customizer I am able to change the price color, but any pricing-related text next to it remains in the old default color. (I am referring to where it would say subscription duration next to price for subscription courses, or where it would say "suggested price" for me since I am using the Woocommerce Name Your Price plugin.)  Is there any way to change this text color to match the price color? *The numbers above with asterisks next to them were previously addressed, but the CSS code given to me by support admin no longer works since I changed to demo5/minimal theme. I would be very grateful if you could help me with any of these. Thank you!
    1. GO to wp-admin->appearance->customiser->header GO to wp-admin->appearance->customiser->body you can change the colors from there. 2.   .course .item-meta strong.course-star-rating{display:none !important;} 3.  .course .item-meta strong.course-star-rating{display:none !important;} 4.  ul.breadcrumbs {display:none !Important;}  
    rwetherby
    Participant
    Thanks so much- the code for removing star ratings on the all-courses page worked great. For the single course page, I used this I found on another thread and that finally worked: div#item-header div#item-meta, #course-list .item-meta .star-rating{ display:none; } However, I had already set the background color in wp-admin->appearance->customizer->header and wp-admin->appearance->customizer->body. That's the issue- despite that I have set the background color there, it is not showing up on my page (confirmed in both Safari and Chrome browsers).  Refer to screen shots below... Here are my settings for the background color to be #dee5da in the header and body background:      Yet my site looks like this... As you can see, the body background color as well as the header background color does not seem to be working through the wplms customizer in this theme (minimal/demo5).  How do I fix this? Thank you.
    This reply has been marked as private.
    rwetherby
    Participant
    Yes, yesterday I found that the only way I can get the background color to work is by changing the theme to boxed layout- since I am building the site and having to show someone else my progress, I would rather show them an alternative layout that has the background working. It does not work in container or fluid layout. Please refer to my photographs above- those pictures do not lie. My browser's cache is not the issue- it is an issue with the theme layouts somehow overriding the background color in header and body- refer to screen shots above. Is there no possible solution to this?
    Yes, you are right background color only works when boxed layout is selected.  
    rwetherby
    Participant
    So if you want to use the container layout, you must have a white background? There is absolutely no way around this?  There is no CSS that I could enter into the Customizer's custom CSS section? This seems crazy... this theme is supposed to be customizable.
    rwetherby
    Participant
    Nevermind... I have found a way to make the boxed layout work for my site after all. Tailoring the container layout to our color palette proved to be too problematic. Thanks for your help.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Background color not working’ is closed to new replies.