Batch courses and forums

Home Forums WPLMS AddOns WPLMS Batches Batch courses and forums

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    kjc1111
    Spectator
    I am creating a course that makes heavy use of discussion forums.  For each forum I adding a set of "starter" topics that the students will be prompted to respond to as the course progresses. I would like to eventually create multiple batches for the course for different groups of incoming students.  I would like each new group to start with forums that have the starter topics , but do not have replies from previous groups of students.  Is there any way to do this?
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    You can connected the forum to that group, then the students can only view the forums connected to that group, but if you connect the same forum to all the groups then everyone will be able to see all the replies. So the alternate way is to create different forums for different groups.
    chriseana
    Participant
    Hi, I'm trying to work with batches in my WPLMS. But I have some doubts. I have a course that will be available through some batches (classes). In WPLMS is possible to connect one course to one forum. It's possible to connect one specific class with one specific forum. But the problem is that I want to one course with many forums, one for each batch. And I want to connect some classes with their specific batch forum. How can I do that? Best regards
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    @chriseana: Please create your own topics for your issues. Right now in wplms only 1 forum can be connected to 1 course and each batch can be connected to 1 forum. So you can have a common forum for the full course and can also have separate forum for each batch. But you cannot connect many forums to 1 single course, its not available in wplms.
    chriseana
    Participant
    Is there a way to create a link that sends the student directly to the forum connected to the batch he chosed when enrolled in the course?
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    @chriseana: As mentioned above please create your own topic. No, the student has to go to the batch and click on forum link to go to the batch forum.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Batch courses and forums’ is closed to new replies.