Batch instructor

Home Forums WPLMS AddOns WPLMS Batches Batch instructor

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    kjc1111
    Spectator
    Hi, is it possible to change the instructor shown for a course batch? Right now when a student is enrolled in my batch it shows the administrator name beside each unit title.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Do you mean the instructor name shown in the course status page ? If yes then try adding the bellow css in your appearance->customize->custom css: .unit_title .instructor {display:none;}
    kjc1111
    Spectator
    Hi HK, that will just hide the instructor right?  Can the WPLMS code be updated to display the course instructor instead of the administrator? Ideally we could set a separate instructor for each batch.  Could you add a feature request to WPLMS Batches to allow that?
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Can you please clarify this with some screenshots. By default we show the name of the instructor of that unit in the course status page , there is no other instructor name shown in  there.
    kjc1111
    Spectator
    Ok, I understand now, you are displaying the author of the unit.  But in my opinion that is not the best user to display. For example, I am the developer and created the unit, so it is displaying my name.  I could change the unit author to one of our instructors, but it will then always display that name, right?  But we have more than one instructor for the course, since we are running the course in batches.  So the instructor name is still going to be wrong sometimes. Also, what if I include the unit in more than one course taught by different instructors?  The instructor will be wrong again in some cases. To fix the problem I've hidden the instructor.  But can I recommend the following: * If there are no course batches then you should display the instructor for the course, not the author of the unit. * If there are course batches you should provide a way to specify the instructor for each batch, and then display the name of that instructor when a student is taking that batch of the course. * Optionally, you could provide a setting that allows the course developer to specify whether they want the unit author or course instructor displayed.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Thanks for the suggestions, for now you can hide the instructor in your case.
    info2grow
    Spectator
    Hi there, I have the same request.  I'm coming here from https://wplms.io/support/forums/topic/different-instructor-for-batch/#post-141029 The instructions provided were to refer this tutorial: https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/different-curriculums-for-different-batches-in-a-course/ Am I correct in thinking that you need to create a new course to have a different instructor?  This sort of defeats the purpose of the batches for us.  It would be preferred to not have to create a new course for each new batch requiring a different instructor. We are specifically concerned with course notifications for things like passing quizzes and submissions as well as marking assignments. We realize this could mean changes in the code outside the plugin and may need to develop it ourselves.  Any tips in that regard would be appreciated and we would happily submit the changes back to you.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi, @info2grow: This particular scenario is not available in wplms. Only the different curriculum can be set for different batches for the same course only. But it's not available that different instructor will manage the same course for different batches. The different batch moderators can see the stats of the users in the course but the course instructor can see all the students stats in the course.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Batch instructor’ is closed to new replies.