Block quiz until units are incompleted

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Setup issues Block quiz until units are incompleted

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    dianaw84
    Spectator
    This is my situation: My courses have one test and one assignment at the end. I would like to give the possibility to students to watch lessons in the order they prefer, without f<span class="description">orce users to complete previous units before viewing the next units, but I need to block quiz until all the units are not completed. How is possible to do this? </span> Thank you!
    logan
    Hello, I am sorry. this is not available in wplms. either all access or 1 by one. there is a setting that will bind them in a restriction that is when the previous unit is complete only then they can access the next unit.
    dianaw84
    Spectator
    Ok thank. At this point I would ask you if there is an option to force user to watch all the video lesson before go to the next unit, only after finish the video the unit will be completed. Thank you
    dianaw84
    Spectator
    And, if is possible, to auto mark as complete the unit only if the student watch all the video unit...thanks again!
    dianaw84
    Spectator
    If it's helpfull, I'm using VideoVibe.
    dianaw84
    Spectator
    Hi Logan, I found what I need: On VideoVibe settings I've set these options:
    Does not allow user to seek video
    Automatically marks the unit as complete as soon as video finishes.
    Now, the last thing, I'd need to hide "Mark Unit Complete" button, but I don't want to "auto marks the unit as completed when user proceeds to next unit." For now I used css (display: none), but there is another better way to do it? Thank you very much!
    logan
    Hello, it has to be done that way else the user progress will not be recording. there is two scenarios:
    1. mark unit complete automatically.
    2. mark unit complete by the user.
    if you hide this then he will not get 100/100 and cant complete the course.
    dianaw84
    Spectator
    Ok thank you. At this point I prefer to block all units, student can access 1 unit by one. So on WPLMS --> Course manager --> Unit Locking, I set to force to complete unit before viewing next units. And on VideoVibe I enable "seek lock" and "Automark complete unit when vimeo video finishes". In this way I want that the student can only watch all the units from n.1 to the last and only after do it, he can access to test. I delete "display: none" on mark complete button and now appears again. But I don't know, I'm not blocked if I proceed to next unit, even if I didn't finish it. What am I doing wrong? Thank you!
    dianaw84
    Spectator
    Sorry Logan, I understood that I have to go on single course page and set Unit Completion Lock --> Show and now I'm blocked when I try to go on the next lesson, it's what I want! But in this way is always possible to click on "mark this unit as complete" button. If I set "hide complete unit button" option, it is hidden but in this case is possible to complete the unit clicking on next button. How to do to hide "mark this unit as complete" button without "Auto-mark unit complete when user proceeds to next unit"? Thanks a lot!
    logan
    Hello, it cant be. user has to click this to save the activity else nothing will work. i will suggest you to use auto mark complete unit button enable. sorry, it has to work like this only.  
    dianaw84
    Spectator
    With the option "Automark complete unit when vimeo video finishes" active, units are autocomplete when the student finishes the video and it's ok. But if I set also the option "Auto-mark unit complete when user proceeds to next unit" then student can skip the lesson without watching it and I don't want it. I would like the only way to auto mark complete unit is when student finishes the unit, but the option "Auto-mark unit complete when user proceeds to next unit" allow students to complete unit clicking on next lesson button. But If I don't set that option, appears "mark this unit as complete" button and students in this way can click on it and complete lesson without watching all the video. I hope you understand what I mean. Thank you again for help
    logan
    Hello, Thanks for the elaborating this issue. its always to be descriptive for faster resolution :p Goto wp-admin >> lms >> settings >> disable auto mark unit complete option.
    then use this css to hide the button .unit_prevnext a#mark-complete {display: none !important;}
    and your problem will be resolved. after completing the video unit will be completed automatically.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Block quiz until units are incompleted’ is closed to new replies.