BP Social Connect not logging in users

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues BP Social Connect not logging in users

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    rwetherby
    Participant
    When a user creates an account with the Facebook button, it does not log the user in.  Not only that, but it appears that the user is unable to login at all (for example, if the user then tries to log in with the Facebook button under Log In instead of Sign Up) yet I can see that a user account is created when I look at Users from the admin dashboard. I have searched the tutorials and this thread from over a year ago stated that this issue is with the plugin and would be updated (which I would have assumed would have happened by now).  Then I found this recent thread and I tried adding the suggested code to my wplms-customizer.php file, but it made no difference. Can you tell me how a user can sign up via the Facebook login and actually be logged into their account afterwords?  And I have already looked at the BP Social Connect integration tutorial and checked all my app settings.  Thank you in advance.
    rwetherby
    Participant
    To give a bit more detail to the problem... I have found that if a user (who is already in the system) clicks on the Log In via Facebook button, and the page reloads, they are not logged in. Then, if they refresh the page, they ARE logged in. However, no amount of refreshing will log in a user right after they create the account when they "Sign Up" with the Facebook button.  After signing up, they must click on Log In via Facebook button, and THEN refresh.... finally they will be logged in. This is a very convoluted and confusing pathway though for the user to get logged in, and defeats the point of the plug in (which is supposed to make log in less complicated for Facebook users).   One other less crucial problem- how do I get the user's name transferred from their Facebook account info to their buddy press profile?  I have tried setting up a profile field map but it did not work.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well first of all please check if there is a folder named "avatars" exists in your wp-content/uploads folder .If yes then check the folder permissions of it .IT must be set to 755 . Please share your wp-admin credentails and site url to debug this if above does not helps . to set the facebook name as Buddypress profile field name please map the fields in the settings of bp social connect from wp-admin- > settings -> bp social connect : http://prntscr.com/dwa6mf
    rwetherby
    Participant
    Hi, thank you and sorry for the delay in responding. I have a folder called group-avatars (with permissions already set to 755).  Is this the folder you are talking about? Or do I need to create one just with the name "avatars"?
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Yes you need to create "avatars" folder also in wp-content/uploads folder .
    kalebnation
    Spectator
    How do you create/which Facebook app do I create to get this BP plugin to work?
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi, @kalebnation: Please create your own topic for your issues. For creating the facebook app please refer this tutorial: https://vibethemes.com/documentation/wplms/knowledge-base/bp-social-connect-integration-with-wplms/
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘BP Social Connect not logging in users’ is closed to new replies.