Buddydrive don't work after last update

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Update Issues Buddydrive don't work after last update

Tagged: 

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    pasqat
    Participant
    After updating WPLMS to the latest version and BuddyDrive to latest version I can't see nothing in drive page in single course, I can't even change option in the setting menu of buddydrive in Backoffice, because when I try I have an 501 error. How can I fix the problem?   The possibility to upload file for a course is really important and urgent. I will paste A request for help as asked by you  
    Can you share the link here ? http://www.istitutoeccelsa.itIf you’re using Wplms version 2.4 then make sure you’re using buddydrive 2.0+ and also make sure you have migrated the buddydrive files to the updated version. When you update buddydrive you’ll get this option. Thank you for your reply. I’ve check just to be sure, and I’m using versione 2.4 and buddydrive 2.0 I’ve tried to uninstall buddydrive, install versione 1.3.3 and then update to 2.0 But when I do it there are no option to migrate content, there is something that doesn’t work and I don’t know waht it is. What can I do to fix this problem is really important and urgent. Please help me Buddydrive should give you an option to migrate files from 1.3.3 to 2.0 , there is some change in how buddydrive handles files in the 2.0. Post this in support forums and we’ll check your site .

Please make sure your theme and plugins is updated to the latest versions. Latest versions are  : WPLMS v 2.4.1 Vibe Course Module v 2.4.1.2 Vibe Custom Types v 2.4.1.4 Vibe Shortcodes v 2.4.1.1 WPLMS Dashboard v 2.4.1 WPLMS Assignment v 2.4.1 WPLMS Front End v 2.4.1. WPLMS EventOn v 2.4.1 WPLMS Modern Child Theme v 2.4.1   If the issue persists, then provide me the wp-admin credentials and the URL of your site. I will look into the issue. PS: Don't forget to mark your reply as private.
    pasqat
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Ok I just checked your site and found the plugins and theme versions to be ok. To debug this I was trying to print some strings in theme files but it seems your server is not allowing to edit the theme files from theme editor . Also I find that the settings for Buddydrive was not saving . It seems there is been some kind of security enabled from your webhost for these . Can you please contact your webhost on this ? Please also share your Ftp credentials meanwhile to debug this at your end . PS : mark reply as private while sharing .
    pasqat
    Participant
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    pasqat
    Participant
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Okay I just debugged your site and found that the issue seems to be related to capabilities . buddydrive needs "buddydrive_upload" capability to show its UI but none of the users have such capability in your site which is strange .I even tried to add a new user and check this but it did not help . I event tried to add the capbility forcefully with the help of user role editor plugin but it also went in vain . We will look into this again .Please ping back for the reminder .
    pasqat
    Participant
    Uhm, this is so strange...I don't know if it can be usefull, but when I updated Buddydrive from 1.3.3 to 2.0 there wheren't any option to migrate the previous file uploaded, and indeed in the backoffice there aren't all the previous file in buddydrive. Are there any news on the issue?
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Issue resolved . I found that you have added this code  :  add_filter( 'buddydrive_use_deprecated_ui', '__return_true' ); which was used to run the old ui with Buddydrive 2.0.0 . But now we have fixed the issues with Buddydrive 2.0.0 and are forcefully using the new ui function there to show the files .But above code was blocking the new ui and tries to load old ui which is not longer available . So this code was needed to be removed .  
    pasqat
    Participant
    Thank you very much! I'm sorry for the code, I truly don't remember if I've added it and when. The important thing is that the issue is resolved, and now all work fine Thank you for you support and patient Have a good day
    #Rejoice :)
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Buddydrive don't work after last update’ is closed to new replies.