Bugs and Issues in 2.0 Update

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Update Issues Bugs and Issues in 2.0 Update

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    midirae03
    Spectator
    I have fully updated the theme and all plugins, as well as checked and saved the permalinks, and cleared the cache. However, I am now having severe functionality issues with my website. Please find below a list of the urgent bugs/issues that have been encountered, and advise how to resolve.  I will gladly provide login credentials; these are issues we need resolved asap as the core function of the site is not currently accessible. Thank you.
    • Course content not visible; unable to access or start course. When course layout is set to default, the side menu appears, but nothing else (image 1). When any other layouts are used, nothing is visible.
    • BP Profile Cover plugin creates functionality issues - when enabled, the profile is either inaccessible, blank, and/or not fully functional (image 2). For example, I was not able to view notifications when they were clicked, but rather was taken to my 404 redirect page.
    • Terms of Service page in registration not displaying properly. I had to put the full text of the ToS as the page title; the box where the text is intended remains empty despite there being content on that page (image 3).
    • Email settings are not displaying properly (image 4)
    sandy
    a. Make sure the course is Published. b. Re-save permalinks. Image 4 : Its a bug confirmed.
    sandy
    a. Make sure the course is Published. b. Re-save permalinks. Image 4 : Its a bug confirmed.
    midirae03
    Spectator
    Hello, I appreciate the inundation of support requests you have received, but unfortunately this response does not actually address my issues at all. In my original post, I explained that I had re-saved the permalinks - that was the first thing I did. I have followed every instruction given thus far and the issue still persists. Please visit www.digiciti.net/wp-admin with the following credentials: user name: Boulder Valley password: BVSDAllStars2016 All of the courses are published, and were fully functional prior to the update. I deleted my htaccess file and re-saved the permalinks (again) which got me a little further (see images below), but there are still errors, as you can see in the image (404: Page not found, displayed at the top of the image; “continue course” button redirecting back to course page). Additionally, as you can see in image 3 below, all of the courses produce an error and display the Cyberbullying course no matter what course was selected initially. The issue with the BP Profile Cover plugin is not a new issue; I had the same issue using Modern Theme prior to the update, wherein the plugin created conflicts that rendered profile and dashboard elements unusable. I disabled the plugin at that time. I had hoped this would be resolved with the update to 2.0, but it is the same problem here now. If BP Profile Cover is activated, elements of the profile and dashboard result in a 404 redirect. Were you able to determine the issue with the Terms and Conditions page not displaying properly in registration? While this is a minor issue, it would be nice to know if it is fixable. Steps I have taken so far:
    • read and followed related forum posts and fixes
    • disabled third-party plugins
    • tested a variety of settings in the customizer, including each layout, skin, and theme setting
    • saved permalinks and cleared cache (numerous times)
    • cleared my htaccess file and re-saved permalinks
    • downloaded and installed a fresh copy of WPLMS 2.0
    • re-saved permalinks
    • installed and activated WooCommerce (as I had seen that to have helped per this thread: https://wplms.io/support/forums/topic/blank-courses-after-updating/)
    However, nothing is working. Please advise as to how to fix this; we have students that need to use this site. Any assistance in this matter is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Can you please share admin credentials and  site url to check all these issues at your end ? Ps : mark reply as private while sharing the credentials  .
    midirae03
    Spectator
    <p style="text-align: left;">I had provided those in my previous reply, but here they are again.</p> <p style="box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 1em; color: #4b4d4d; font-family: Lato; font-size: 14px; line-height: 22px; background-color: #efefef;">Please visit www.digiciti.net/wp-admin with the following credentials:</p> <p style="box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 1em; color: #4b4d4d; font-family: Lato; font-size: 14px; line-height: 22px; background-color: #efefef;">user name: Boulder Valley</p> <p style="box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 1em; color: #4b4d4d; font-family: Lato; font-size: 14px; line-height: 22px; background-color: #efefef;">password: BVSDAllStars2016</p>
    midirae03
    Spectator
    Apparently copying from replies copies the html... Here it is cleaned up. Please visit www.digiciti.net/wp-admin with the following credentials: user name: Boulder Valley password: BVSDAllStars2016
    midirae03
    Spectator
    The 2.0.1 update along with another flush and save of the permalinks seems to have helped the course content issue. The only remaining bugs of what I reported are with the BP Profile Cover plugin (which continues to disable all aspects of the user profile when activated), the Terms of Service box/page at registration, and the email settings in the profile. If you are able to advise how to resolve the BP Profile Cover issue, that is greatly appreciated. Something I will recommend to others: Prior to 2.0 I had been using a page called “course” with a “start course” template as my “Start this Course” page via the WPLMS course manager, and it was working fine; upon the 2.0 update I had to switch to using the “course-status” page, or the courses would redirect improperly upon clicking the “Start Course” or “Continue Course” button.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Please note that the bp profile cover plugin is not needed with the default theme . It is only needed in the modern theme . I checked your site and found the start and continue course buttons to be working fine .
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Bugs and Issues in 2.0 Update’ is closed to new replies.