Building units with embedded audio and disabling attachment download

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Building units with embedded audio and disabling attachment download

Tagged: , , ,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    caseyh
    Participant
    I'm working on building out the curriculum for my first course. The course consists of 21 days where each day will have an audio lesson. I tried using the front end course editor to create the units, but 1) my changes weren't saving and 2) the editor window was very constrained vertically instead of filling the available height of the browser window. That made it really hard to move around the editor interface. So, I switched to editing the units in the backend. I found that my changes would save in this case. I added a heading, intro paragraph, and the embedded audio (using the Add Media button that creates an [ audio ] shortcode, and saved. When I then viewed the unit through the front end, the audio was properly embedded but there was also an attachment on the page that allowed the user to easily download the audio file. I'd like to disable that to discourage users from downloading the file. 1) Why might by front-end course editor not be working? 2) Is there a way I can embed these audio files without having them also show up as an attachment?
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi... 1) I am not sure why the front end editor is not working on your website, I'll need the credentials and the url to check this issue on your website. 2) For unattaching the attachments from the unit, please refer this tutorial.
    caseyh
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    caseyh
    Participant
    And I think your tutorial link is missing?
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi... Thanks for sharing the credentials I checked your website and I tried to create a new course from front end but I was unable to create it. There was a js error on the page which stated that the admin-ajax.php is not found. This error is generally related to the file permissions. Please check the file permission in your server and make sure all the folder permissions is set to 755 and the file permissions is set to 644.
    caseyh
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi... The screen size is little small because it opens with a sidebar of the course creation where settings, curriculum, components, pricing ,etc sections are present. This is the default size and it cannot be changed. ------------------ The admin-ajax.php file is not a wplms theme file, its a wordpress core file which is not accessible to your website. This can only be possible if the file permission is not set as right or the server is blocking this file. The location of this file via ftp is: yourdomain(where wordpress is installed)/wp-admin folder.  
    caseyh
    Participant
    That unnattach plugin shown in the tutorial doesn't seem to be available any more. Can you recommend another reliable plugin? Or is there another way to hide/disable the attachments on units?
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi... The plugin is available on wordpress, refer: https://wordpress.org/plugins/unattach/
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Building units with embedded audio and disabling attachment download’ is closed to new replies.