Can I exclude batch admin from member count?

Home Forums WPLMS AddOns WPLMS Batches Can I exclude batch admin from member count?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    kirillpo
    Spectator
    Dear developers, Currently batch membership count includes batch admin (i.e. the instructor). This gives a false impression that there are more users signed up for a course than is actually true. For example we have a group size of 18 max, widely publicized at our site. However it I set the number of seats in the batch settings as 18, the course instructor is automatically enrolled and the plugin displays occupancy as 1/18. This leaves only 17 seats available for booking but real paying students. Can you please add an option to exclude the instructor from the count, or remove the instructor from the count altogether? Kind regards, Kirill
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well this member count is basically coming form buddypress plugin itself and it counts all the user participating in that group as member which is how it should be .
    kirillpo
    Spectator
    Alex, I know it comes from buddypress. Let's not start debating what comes from where, it will lead us nowhere. Everything comes from either WP or BP, but can be and is modified to suit different purposes. Back to the point, if you allow. What I'm asking you to consider is suitability of your plugin to the teaching process. I assume your ultimate objective is to create a superior learning environment. Then your WPLMS and the batch plugin is moving in the right direction. But there are always ways for improvement. The fact: you're creating a premium plugin which is supposed to serve the teaching purpose, aren't you? And the teacher isn't a member of the class. If you follow the business process of the batch, there should be a way to exclude the teacher from the count. Otherwise he's occupying the student's seat. Please correct me if I'm wrong. What I'm asking you is to include this feature in the development list. Dr. Kirill Popadyuk
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    That is correct, the only reason of my reluctance is that technically this is not possible as BuddyPress does not have any filter on members count function otherwise this could have been a 3 line fix. http://prntscr.com/cfhv82 and we would not like to modify buddypress for this. The only possibility as of now would be from the group template files but it can lead to inconsistent member counts. So this is a technical limitation as of now. We will suggest a filter in group count to buddypress for future updates.  
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Can I exclude batch admin from member count?’ is closed to new replies.