Cannot update WPLMS in /wp-admin

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Setup issues Cannot update WPLMS in /wp-admin

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    iguanaacademy
    Spectator
    I went to update the WPLMS theme at /wp-admin > Dashboard > Appearances > Themes and cannot. When I click on the theme image, then on the next update page, in the right column, click on  "There is a new version of WPLMS available. View version 2.0.2 details or update now." I get the message that the download failed: "Downloading update from https://s3.amazonaws.com/marketplace-downloads.envato.com/files/169752288/wplms.zip?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJYG5ROGJ6X7Z3M6Q&Expires=1454540012&Signature=pUKMjlMRJ9HUEfr9CrNYLXBXqBI%3D&response-content-disposition=attachment%3B+filename%3Dthemeforest-6780226-wplms-learning-management-system-wordpress-theme.zip…   Download failed. Forbidden" What is the cause and solution? Thanks for your help.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    This error generally occurs when the internet connection is slow or there is too much load on the server  . Please try again for the update .Make sure that internet connection is strong and there is not much load on your server .
    iguanaacademy
    Spectator
    Thanks. I have a very fast internet connection, and I had tried numerous times over the past two days but failed each time. However, this morning the theme updated just fine.  Not sure what the issue was, as the site does not have any traffic yet. It is a virtual private server.  Thanks for the quick response.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    There could be only two reasons for this, one is slow internet connection and second server connection problem. But now its working fine and you could update the theme.  
    iguanaacademy
    Spectator
    I received notice that there is a new WPLMS update (2.0.6). However, in admin>Appearance>Themes, the WPLMS theme does not show "Update available". I hate updating through ftp since it takes much longer. Why is there no auto-update available in /wp-admin? Thanks.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Its recommended to, not duplicate the issue. You have asked the similar issue on various topics, we will reply you on the single topic.  
    iguanaacademy
    Spectator
    My apologies. Sorry for replicating the same issue.
    iguanaacademy
    Spectator
    Not trying to duplicate the ticket or add to your load, but I never received an answer as to why WPLMS theme does not have the option to update in wp=admin even though I received an email from Envato/ThemeForest saying the update was available. See attached image from my Appearances>Themes>WPLMS>Details.  I'd prefer not to have to update via ftp when the WordPress upload is much easier. I have very fast internet. I'll submit a private post with the Themeforest access info and website info after this one. Best to answer it here since the title is accurate to the problem (and the other ticket's title is about something else). :) Thanks.
    iguanaacademy
    Spectator
    Good morning- any progress on determining why we cannot update WPLMS in WP backend?  Thanks for your help.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    The message "Downloading ..." itself indicates that your credentials are correct. However, the download may be failing because of connection issues between your server and Amazon s3 servers which are used by Envato for updates. Please try again.
    iguanaacademy
    Spectator
    Please see attachment. There is no button, no link, no notification to update WPLMS in WP backend. I have a very fast internet connect, so no issue from my location. Sometimes, it seems that the WPLMS plugins also take a while to show up in the Plugins Update page. Why do you think my Themes page does not show "Update available" for WPLMS theme?
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Please share the admin credentials to check.
    iguanaacademy
    Spectator
    adming1 / bCt7w8jlPLJL Thanks for your help. :)
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Seems like you api key is not valid . Please check your themeforest username and api key . Please refer to find the api key  :  https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/how-to-find-buyer-api-key-in-themeforest/
    iguanaacademy
    Spectator
    Thanks for your help with this. I have updated my Themeforest username and API key (per your guide at https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/how-to-find-buyer-api-key-in-themeforest/). To help other users find where to input this username and API key, see attached image, or go to admin>WPLMS>Getting Started, then scroll down to "Details required for Auto-Update" and add your info.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘Cannot update WPLMS in /wp-admin’ is closed to new replies.