Can't change profile photo from instructor's profile.

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Can't change profile photo from instructor's profile.

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Alex Named
    Participant
    I have an issue to upload any profile photo or avatar as an instructor. There is no option to choose from but it supposed to be there. Default Buddypress avatar is also not displayed. Please, see attachment below:    
    vbuch
    Participant
    Have the same problem.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    This is very strange because change profile avatar is a buddypress core function and it is shown by default, please make sure that the buddypress components enabled in the wp-admin->settings->buddypress->components.
    Alex Named
    Participant
    Thanks for reply. I have all boxes active in Buddypress Settings/Components. But it's still not displayed. Please advice.
    Alex Named
    Participant
    This is url of the site: http://quantor.co/
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    I am not sure why this issue is appearing on your website because this is completely handled by the buddypress plugin and wplms do not interfere with any of buddypress functionality which will affect this. I don't think its a theme issue, but you can share the admin credentials with us in private reply to check if the wplms has a take on this or not. Most probably its a third party plugin issue, you can try deactivating third party plugin.
    Alex Named
    Participant
    I would be very appreciated. Log: svquantor Pswd: sbvb2016quantor
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Thanks for sharing the credentials. I checked your site but I couldn't find any solution to it. As I mentioned this before its a buddypress core functionality and it comes from there only wplms theme is not interfering with it in any manner. The issue is not replicable in any of our test setup and the demo sites, so its hard to tell the reason of the issue. This is the first time we have encountered this type of issue. There is one possible case that you have customized the template I'll need the ftp credentials to check the template. Also you can try removing the modern child theme and downlaod the latest modern child theme from the themeforest and then check if the issue is resolved. If the issue is related to any customizations then it will be removed and it will be confirmed if the issue is coming due to customizations. So first try replacing the existing modern child theme with the new modern child theme and then check the issue.
    Alex Named
    Participant
    Thanks, Latiyan. 1) What should I do first to save all my customizations before removing child theme? And how to replace old childe theme back if new one hase the same issue? I'm not sure I will be able to make the same costume changes on new theme again. 2) In case, if the issue due to customization, what would you recommend to do first?
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    First of all you should check if the issue is coming from the customizations or not. For this first download the new child theme from the themeforest, then login through ftp and rename your child theme and then upload the new one. Now check the issue if the issue is resolved then it is confirmed that it is due to your customisation and if the issue is not resolved then it is not coming due to customization. Make sure you clear the browser cache before checking and after words you can delete the new child theme and again rename the old one to wplms_modern. Renaming the child theme is just for backup so that your previous theme/customizations are saved.
    Alex Named
    Participant
    Hello, I did exactly as you said. Changed the name of my current child theme. Downloaded new one from themeforest and uploaded through ftp. Unfortunately, no changes. There is still no option to change image profile. In addition, I deactivated all plugins separatly to find plugin conflicts but no changes. I also removed CSS content from Customizing/Custom CSS. Doesn't work. All this steps don't solve the issue. You can check now the site with latest version of wplms modern theme. What if the problem not in the child theme but in wplms?
    Alex Named
    Participant
    That's what I get from Buddypress support: You’re using a premium theme for which we can’t help you on this forum. It seems like a big problem.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Ok to confirm that the issue is not coming from the theme I activated the wordpress twenty sixteen theme and still there is no upload avatar option available in the buddypress profile, refer: http://prntscr.com/bdeu15 This clearly shows that this issue is not coming from  the theme because theme is not even active. I have again activated your modern child theme as of now. So please contact the buddypress plugin for this issue.
    Alex Named
    Participant
    Guys, please tell me what happened with the site? What would you like me to tell my customer about complete changes of the site after you made some changes yesterday?
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Note that when themes are switched wplms plugins gets deactivated .This happened in your case too when you may have switched theme. You need to again activate the plugins . We tried to debug your avatar related issue at the best but could not find anything in way to resolve this . now i am thinking that you might have done some customizaton in buddypress plugins itself . So to check this please try re-installing the buddypress plugin via ftp . Please delete the budypress folder in your wp-content/plugins folder then download buddypress plugin from here . and then upload the zip file in your wp-content/plugins folder and then unzip it . this will replace all the files of buddypress plugin and any customization made in that plugin will be removed then check the issue again .
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • The topic ‘Can't change profile photo from instructor's profile.’ is closed to new replies.