Can't create Forum for course

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Can't create Forum for course

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    fdittmar
    Participant
    I can create a Forum for a course through the theme frontend (edit course) but then can't go into the WP backend to configure it because it says: WPLMS Course There has been a critical error on your website See https://prnt.sc/q67t66 When trying to create a forum directly in WP admin (the way we normally do it) the same error appears and prevents the saving of the page/forum. bbpress 2.6.2 buddypress 5.0.0 theme/wp up to date Ideas? I'm stuck without the ability to create forums for my courses!
    fdittmar
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    logan
    Hello, i have tested this on my local setup with the latest version of the theme but could not replicate this. I’m not sure what overwrites the option value. Most likely there is a misbehaving plugin installed or malware that has infected your installation. 

i would suggest you to follow the following and check if it works??

1. Please deactivate all installed 3rd party plugins.
    2. Delete browsers cache especially cache plugin.
    3. if any extra codes added by you then remove it.
    4. Re-save permalinks.

deactivate everything other than wplms defaults then check if it works.

also, ask your webhost for the PHP error log. and share the file here. i will find the error there.

if it does not work then share the admin URL and credentials in a private reply. I will check the issue.

fdittmar
    Participant
    fdittmar
    Participant
    logan
    Hello, have a look here i could not find any plugin folder here: https://share.getcloudapp.com/WnuE49Dk i need to deactivate them then check the issue, its better create a staging site then share the creds so that the main site remains unaffected from troubleshooting.  
    fdittmar
    Participant
    fdittmar
    Participant
    logan

i also need your wp-admin credentials with ftp || sftp credentials. i will fix this.

fdittmar
    Participant
    logan
    fdittmar
    Participant
    Does NOT seem fixed. Error still shows in the bottom right of every forum: WPLMS CourseForum for Course : There has been a critical error on your website. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions. and Forums can't be saved. Edit: I'm checking the live site - you worked on staging2. Maybe you didn't fix it in live? I'll check now Edit2:OK, staging 2 is fixed. Does that mean I need to just replace bp-course-admin.php with the github code? What happens at theme update? Thanks
    fdittmar
    Participant
    OK, I inspected the github and noted the changes (data-id="'.$post_id->ID.'"). I updated the live site and assume that this will be saved to the next theme update. If not, please let me know. Thanks for logging in and fixing it for me (and the others with the same issue).
    logan
    Hello, this was the bug. we have already fixed it in the theme package. i checked and fixed it on your staging site, not on every site. thats why i wrote a guide to get you an idea about what i have done. i hope this helps.
    yes i shared the same screenshot but i also ensured that there is no senstive data of your website. no site link nothing. does this make you feel awkward. i will delete the screenshot. refer:  http://prntscr.com/q8fqzu
    logan
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • The topic ‘Can't create Forum for course’ is closed to new replies.