certificate numbers sequential

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues certificate numbers sequential

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    mrloopz26
    Participant
    Good day, I am trying to make the certificate numbers be given out in sequential order starting from a given number. For example: I need certificates to start on # 1001500 and assign each student that passes the course 1 number higher 100501 then 100502 etc. until it reaches 1001600 Does anybody know how to make this possible? Thank you
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Hi, Will you please elaborate what you exactly want. As i understand you may want to assign a certificate number wise on completion of a course. No matter which course is completed. Am i right ?
    mrloopz26
    Participant
    Correct... I have only 2 courses. (actually the sane one in 2 different languages) and I want exactly what i described above. <span style="color: #4b4d4d; font-family: Lato; font-size: 14px;">I need certificates to start on # 1001500 and assign each student that passes the course 1 number higher 100501 then 100502 etc. until it reaches 1001600, regardless of which course they pass.</span> Thank you for your help.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Hi, You can assign certificate once in a course. But if you want to assign multiple certificates then you can use custom learning path plugin. In this plugin you have to create custom path and student must enroll to these paths. After that student gets certificate after completing a path.   Kindly read documentation of this plugin for your desired requirements. Refer : https://wplms.io/support/article-categories/wplms-clp/ http://vibethemes.com/downloads/custom-learning-paths/
    mrloopz26
    Participant
    I appreciate the information.  However this did not answer the question. Forget the multiple courses. Assume I have only 1 course. How do I get the certificates to assign certificate numbers in a sequential order, each time assigning a number that 1 number greater than the last one that was just assigned. For example: I need certificates to start on # 1001500 and assign each student that passes the course 1 number higher - 100501 then 100502 etc. until it reaches 100600 ???  
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Hi, Sorry! I just check this plugin and it cannot create custom path on basis of marks. So currently this is not available. You can make a feature request for that. Refer : https://wplms.io/support/forums/forum/general/feature-request/
    mrloopz26
    Participant
    Custom path on basis of marks? I am not trying to assign a certificate code based on the score a student got on the exam. Just count 1 number higher than the last certificate code given. Currently there are certificate codes like this: {{site}} : Use this to display Site Name {{userid}} : Use this to display User ID {{courseid}} : Use this to display Course ID {{courseslug}} : Use this to display Course Slug {{instructorid}} : Use this to display Course ID {{month}} : Use to display month in numeric MM {{year}} : Use to display year in numeric YYYY {{n}} : Use to display unique certificate ID Just to be clear. You are saying that there is no way to pass a parameter to function {{n}} so that it does not give out a random number, but rather 1 number higher than the last one? So does that mean that if I use {{n}} long enough, I will probably end up having a duplicate certificate code at some point in time? Can you at least point me to the right .php file so that I might write my own function? Thank you  
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Hi, Sorry! now i get what you exactly want. You have to write code on this   wplms_course_student_certificate_check   filter. And you need to change this in bp-course-template.php file.  
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘certificate numbers sequential’ is closed to new replies.